Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Signed up for RSVP2

To disable ads, please log-in.

I signed up for RSVP, with a friend. We did STP last year. In our part of the world we have plenty of hills to practice on.

I was wondering for those who did it last year, after the ride, Did you get back to starting place by 3 as they say on the website? We need to be able to catch a flight back home and make sure our bikes come with us, I'm in the process of booking flights. Was thinking of booking a 6pm flight.

Any suggestions?

We didn't do RSVP last year, but did it the year before. We were on the second bus to depart Vancouver and didn't get back to Seattle until 4pm. The border crossing was painfully slow. To be safe, I would go with later flight if possible. Even if you get back in time, your bikes may not make it in time. We live 15 miles from start and I think we came back later to get our bikes because they weren't back yet.

It's a great ride! Enjoy!

I don't know about last year, but the 4 years we did it, I don't think we ever got back before 3. One year, someone on one of the first busses left his passport in his luggage, in spite of many many reminders to keep it on your person, so they had to take ALL the luggage off the bus at the border crossing, search for the guy's bag, find it, run every body through the line, get the dogs to check the bags, reload etc... I think we were waiting at the border for 3 hours! Another year, we just had an agent board the bus, quickly look around and see that everyone did indeed possess a passport and we were through in 10 minutes. I would plan for the longer time, though. you just don't want to risk missing your flight.

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2009 Specialized Tricross
    2012 Trek Mamba

I have to agree with the other ladies, I think we got back to Seattle last year about 4:00 pm. The border crossing coming back into the states was excruciatingly slow, and we didn't even have to unload our luggage, but some of the other busses did. And you never know with traffic going back into town on a weekend. Better to take the later flight and not have to worry! We also had to wait around for the truck with our bikes to get there.

We heard the story about the moron who left his passport on his luggage, they used that as a bad example of what can go terribly wrong if you don't listen (or bother to READ) the instructions they give you.
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

Quote Originally Posted by ACG View Post
    I signed up for RSVP, with a friend. We did STP last year. In our part of the world we have plenty of hills to practice on.

I was wondering for those who did it last year, after the ride, Did you get back to starting place by 3 as they say on the website? We need to be able to catch a flight back home and make sure our bikes come with us, I'm in the process of booking flights. Was thinking of booking a 6pm flight.

Any suggestions?
    Oh, and enjoy the ride, it is one of the more scenic rides around here! Yes, hilly... but hopefully won't be as hot as it was last year!

Anyone have any experience taking Amtrak back to Seattle or Everett? We are riding RSVP I. They have a 5:45pm departure. Could we get there on Sat. or best to wait until Sunday. And what to do with our bikes all day Sunday if we are sightseeing?? The train just seems like a great way to bypass the boarder crossing.

ACG: They do have an early morning train that might work for you. You would then have to take commuter/transit train to airport.
    2011 Specialized Ruby Comp
    2015 Giant Liv Tempt 3

AppleTree what is "hot", in that area?

SmittyKitty, we have family who will probably pick us up in seattle, I will definitly look at the train option, thanks for the suggestion.

Signed up for RSVP2

Well, in my opinion, having been acclimated to Western Washington weather, hot is anything over 80.

It was in the mid 90s last year. Of course other areas have a different opinion of "hot" of course. Lol.

But that is a fairly rare event in these parts!