Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
    My favorite is me in the tree, was the route to a perfect campsite, over one tree and under another, piece of cake
    Attachment 16602Attachment 16603Attachment 16604
    Luv the tree

Crankin, thinking I can outride a turtle, snapping or not BUT I don’t know about a charging bull

There is a bike path that's mostly on the beach here. I use it in the mornings at times to wake up on and sometimes to have an early breakfast with a friend in Manhattan Beach. Sometimes to de-stress after work. This ride is 12 miles south on the beach path to some residential climbing in Palos Verdes. 40 to 50+ miles depending on how much climbing I want to do

Last edited by rebeccaC; 08-13-2013 at 07:23 PM.

continued

by chauvin.rebecca, on Flickr

This year's adventure was a supported tour (as in, my husband drove our stuff from place to place, then rode out to meet us on the trail) in upstate New York. We started in Fairport and rode along the Erie Canal to Brockport on day 1; then took a combination of counrty roads, bike paths and the Erie Canal to Grand Island on day 2; on day 3, we rode to Niagara Falls and did all the touristy things; day 4 took us up into Canada to St. Catherine's along the Welland Canal; day 5 was back to the US over the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge for a stop at Ft. Niagara; and then along Lake Ontario to Hamlin Beach State Park on day 6; day 7 was suppose to be ride back to Fairport, but it was pouring, so we wimped out :-( and took to sag wagon back to the cars.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	16615Click image for larger version. 

Views:	91 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	16616Click image for larger version. 

Views:	88 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	16614Click image for larger version. 

Views:	97 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	16613Click image for larger version. 

Views:	94 
Size:	106.4 KB 
ID:	16612
    Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling. ~ James E.Starrs

My bicycle jewelry...
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Winterwoman...f=pr_shop_more

San Juan Islands....what a beautiful place to ride! Enjoying the rides, the people and the incredible views.

Last edited by rebeccaC; 08-29-2013 at 01:36 AM.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

I can't wait to see your photos, rebecca!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Mary Anne....you can't see the ones in the previous post?

Morning in Friday Harbor....

Lopez Island

Last Island of this trip

Last edited by rebeccaC; 08-29-2013 at 01:39 AM.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to

Ah, now I can. I opened thus thread yesterday on my work computer, on which I often can't see photos. Beautiful shots!

You reminded me that I really need to edit my signature to more clearly reflect that "Mary Anne" is the writer to whom I've attributed the quotation in my signature. You're not the first to think my name is Mary Anne.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Did you do the ride up the "hill" on Orcas?
    We wimped out on that last summer! Took a great hike at the English Camp, instead, which rewarded us with awesome views.
    The San Juans are beautiful, but it was my first experience with chip seal. I was not amused!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Egret fishing

Name:	egret.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	16658

Hatteras Lighthouse

Name:	hatteras.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	16659

This is the first full moon I got to work, ok it's 97% full but I'm counting it

Name:	moon.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	16660

random beach shot

Name:	obx.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	16661

Silver Lake Harbor

Name:	silver harbor.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	16662
    Last edited by aponi; 08-29-2013 at 06:28 AM.
    cryin' won't help ya prayin' won't do ya no good

How could I leave out this charming little fellow

Name:	ugly.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	16663
    cryin' won't help ya prayin' won't do ya no good

Indysteel, and I was thinking how great to have Mary Anne Radmacher as a forum member
    Maybe just put quote marks around that great quote?……I wish I had even a small percentage of Pema's or Mary Anne's wisdom!!

Crankin, I did ride up Mount Constitution. One of the best and hardest climbs I've done! Very cloudy day so the view at the top wasn't all that great which was a disappointment. Orcas seemed like it was either a crazy steep pitch climb or descent through my entire ride on the island though. I think Lopez was my favorite ride. Quieter than San Juan or Orcas and a really nice alt-culture, organic, artistic vibe with a really good restaurant. (Vita's) I'd go back in a heartbeat to any of the three though. I was thinking of maybe adding Vancouver Island to a future ride.

aponi, the outer banks is one of my favorite places. Thanks for taking me there again! Great spider image!!!!!
    Last edited by rebeccaC; 08-29-2013 at 11:28 PM.

The last double century that I’ve been training for this year is coming up soon. This has been my year of challenging training rides. One of the reason’s I’ve photographed my routes is that I’ve used thinking about photography as one of my mental tricks on hard climbs or just long rides, using a second ride for getting the photos. So my ride reports on this site and another helped that and my creativity! Back to my basic routes and shorter rides after the Solvang Autumn double…so this is probably my last ride report as I've already shown my basic routes.

On our way back home from Washington State on 101/1 we took a couple of days off from driving to ride sections of the Oregon coast and a Redwood scenic side road that was just incredible with the trees, light, foliage and solitude…..and I saw a dinosaur!!!

THANKS Devold for starting this thread and helping me get up some steep grades

Last edited by rebeccaC; 09-08-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccaC View Post
    Indysteel, and I was thinking how great to have Mary Anne Radmacher as a forum member
    Maybe just put quote marks around that great quote?……I wish I had even a small percentage of Pema's or Mary Anne's wisdom!!
    Now why didn't I already think of that? Duh! Thanks for the suggestion!

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Did the Mt. Baker Hillclimb yesterday - for various reasons (unpleasant store owner in town, being one of the largest....) it was not possible for it to be a race this year - no closed road and no timing, so I took and threw my camera in my pocket and boy oh boy was it a beautiful day too

Last edited by Eden; 09-09-2013 at 07:49 PM.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Absolutely gorgeous, Eden! How lucky you are to be able to ride there.

Thanks for sharing!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow