Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Saddle sore advice

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi ladies.

I finally got around to writing a blog post on how I managed my saddle sores at the Gramin TransPortugal event.

Here's the link.

I hope it's useful information to share.

Happy riding.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Well now I know what I can use those scrap pieces of kinesio tape for, keeping bandaids on in places they don't want to stick! :-)
    Specialized Oura or Romin Evo Saddles

Hey! Thank you. Am passing this to Chris/Mr. 1200k Guy.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Excellent advice, Wahine! I am prone to saddle sores, though my Belizean ones have gone away now that I'm back in the US, wearing proper bike shorts, and riding better saddles. However, I know the intense summer heat and humidity, along with longer rides as the days go on, may bring one or more back, so I am going to keep your blog post handy.

Thanks!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Thanks! I love those blister pads but I had no idea you could put them on broken skin. That would've been handy to know when I was kinesio taping my anterior shoulders and the KT tape pulled the skin right off my neckline ... I was able to create an anchor for the Gentle tape using Spenco Adhesive Knit over Second Skin, but the blister pads would've been easier to apply and probably longer lasting, too.

Definitely will keep your advice "on file." Glad you were able to find a solution that worked!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler