Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Irulan View Post
    Naot does come in different widths but aren't labeled as such. It's more a styling kind of thing. You can line up several pairs and see which ones are narrower in the forefoot.
    Plus, on their website, they show them in categories of "medium width", "narrow to medium width", etc. That's how I picked the three styles I'm most interested in.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Emily, I love Softspots sandals. Very comfy to walk in, and have good shock absorption. Also dressy looking.

Clark makes very nice upper end sandals. They may be called Artisan? Not sure. But something like these are what I'm thinking of. Also dressy/casual and good to walk.

And I just found this Softwalk when I was looking for the Clarks. Looks very wearable!
    Thanks Sheila!

I like those Clarks, but they don't have my size in the color I like. The Softwalks are not my style, but I do like a couple of the Softspots. Will read reviews and consider.

I'm getting a bit overwhelmed here...probably have enough suggestions to work with now. Thanks, ladies!
    Emily

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Clark makes very nice upper end sandals. They may be called Artisan? Not sure. But something like these are what I'm thinking of. Also dressy/casual and good to walk.
    Of the Clarks subbrands, I think Artisan is probably the nicest looking. Privo is more sporty. I generally find shoes and sandals in both categories to be comfortable. Unstructured may be the most expensive, but they are also the most comfortable and made with very soft leather.

In terms of size, usually I wear an 8.5 in Clarks, vs a 9 with most other shoes. Occasionally I will find I need to go up to a 9 or down to an 8.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I also have narrow feet. I just bought some sandals from Clarks that would probably fit the bill. Can be dressed up or down and comfortable to walk in. I would check them out.
    2011 Cannondale CAADX 105
    2012 Jamis Dragon 29er
    2012 Jamis Xenith Endura Comp

Yep, I've got a pair of Clarks on my possible list. I seem to recall trying on Clarks in the past and needing to size down 1/2 size. For those of you who wear Clarks, was that your experience? I see that ny biker says it was hers.

Thanks!
    Emily

I wear a 7 in most street shoes but will size up to 7.5 in running shoes or hiking shoes to give myself tons of toe space to avoid any chance of black toenail (been there, done that). However, in sandals, I am often a 6.5. Seems when I did try on Clarks in a store a couple of years ago, the 6.5s came the closest to fitting. Not sure if it was just that particular model or not...
    Emily

Quote Originally Posted by Irulan View Post
    The thing that we low-volume feet people run into is that many things with fixed (non-adjustable) straps don't work because even if the footbed is correct, the shoes are still to big because of "strap slop".
    Fixed straps don't work for people with high-volume feet either, because the shoe simply won't fit around our big fat Flintstone feet.
    At least you guys get to feel like Cinderella!
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

OK, forgive my dumbness, but what are low volume vs. high volume feet?
    I suspect mine are low volume.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

This is a very non-technical definition, but I was told by a fitter at REI that my feet were very low-volume since they basically "rattled around" in trail runner shoes and hiking boots in the right size by measurement. In other words, my feet were far from the tops of the shoes when inside the correctly sized shoe. So I always need extra inserts in any of that type of shoe along with thick or two pairs of socks. There may be a more technical definition, but that's mine.
    Emily

yeah I don't know about technical, but it's about how your foot fills up a given shoe, the volume of the shoe. Myself and son #1 have low low volume feet - on sneaker and tie shoes, if it's not a low volume shoe, we can pull the two sides of the lace holes together, totally covering the tongue of the shoe. DH and son #2 are the opposite. They have very high volume feet, and sometimes there are gaps on either side of the tongue of a tie shoe, so that the socks show through on either side under the laces. Son #2s feet are so high volume that he can't get certain brands of socks over his heel/instep: they don't spread wide enough.

Volume is different than width. Think of it more as how much space the whole of your foot takes up, the thickness of it.
    Last edited by Irulan; 06-02-2013 at 06:18 PM.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Emily, I checked out my Clark's sandal size. Surprisingly, I purchased a half size larger than I usually wear. My feet are "normal volume" and just a hair on the wide side.
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB
    Updated Vintage Terry Symmetry / Bontrager InForm RL WSD

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Emily, I checked out my Clark's sandal size. Surprisingly, I purchased a half size larger than I usually wear. My feet are "normal volume" and just a hair on the wide side.
    Thanks Artista -- looks like it's kind of all over the map, then. Just like with most sizing!
    Emily

Okay, I finally pulled the trigger this morning as I found a fantastic sale on these Clarks Artisan Lucena's. They're $110 at Zappo's, but I got 'em for half that (with free shipping and returns!) at Amazon in my size in black: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WHZ3NA/..._26725410_item

It's possible these are a last-year's stock or some such; otherwise, I can't understand the large price differential, but I'm going with it. I decided to try my usual size (7) in a narrow (AA) width and hope for the best. Since they're super adjustable, as long as they're not way too narrow or way too long, I should be okay. I'm really an "A" width, but very few shoes come in that width -- you normally have a choice between AA and B. Imagine if bra manufacturers tried to do that!

Will keep you posted!
    Emily

Just to follow up: I finally got the Clarks Lucena sandals I ordered (amazon free shipping isn't the speediest, but can't beat the price!) today, and they are wonderful. The size I ordered (7N) was right, and the velcro adjustments in two places allow me to customize the fit. They're soft and super comfy right outside the box. I can't believe I got 'em for 1/2 off the Zappo's price.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread and helped me find a great pair of sandals that look good and that I can walk in!

Attachment 16368
    Happy feet!
    Emily

They look great! I hope they're comfortable too
    Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, and do whatever you want all the time, you could miss it.

2010 Fuji Roubaix 1.0
    2007 Fuji Absolute 2.0