Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Emily, I saw some other Aerosole sandals that might be more casual/what you are looking for. I needed the ones I chose to wear with skinny jeans, to give my jeans/camisole outfit a bit of a dress up look, and be able to stand up all night. After all, this is a collective 60th birthday party for a bunch of people who look very good to start with and I want to feel "tall."
    I've been drooling over those Merrells Wasp bought.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Thanks, Crankin. I did go to the Aerosole site but didn't see anything else that really moved me. I love the ones you got and think they would be perfect for your occasion, but I need something more general purpose. Since getting back from Belize, I have very few pairs of shoes, and every pair I have needs to serve multiple purposes since we may end up living in an RV eventually and having very limited storage capability. So I can't afford to be Imelda -- I need to make every item I purchase really count. That's what's tough.

I have a big ole blister on my left foot from the black thongs I ended up walking to dinner in last night. It was worth it as I was not going to wear my clunky Tevas (or worse yet, my walking shoes!), but OW, it hurt. I had to walk most of the way home barefoot!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I am partial to Dansko sandals. The one I have (in both brown and black ) they discontinued last year but it's from the Sausalito line very similar to these:

http://www.onlineshoes.com/womens-da...axy-p_id207447

I think they are cute enough to be fashionable yet still super comfy and can be worn all day.
    2010 Trek 2.1 WSD

How does the width run on Danskos, amb? As I mentioned in the original post, my foot is on the narrow/low profile side, and as a result, I have a lot of problems finding shoes that fit.

Thanks!
    Emily

I got some Naturalizers recently as DSW that are dressy but comfy. I too have narrow feet and a very narrow heel. If they have worked for you before try them again. They have a new line that is dressier than what they used to make

Quote Originally Posted by Triskeliongirl View Post
    I got some Naturalizers recently as DSW that are dressy but comfy. I too have narrow feet and a very narrow heel. If they have worked for you before try them again. They have a new line that is dressier than what they used to make
    I wish I remembered the ones I had before -- I'm not even certain they were Naturalizers. But they were so ancient it hardly matters at this point -- I probably bought them 10 years ago. I did find these that might work in the narrow width:

http://www.zappos.com/naturalizer-ca...fcTest=fcl%3A0

I definitely don't want clogs. They bother the bump on the top of my foot and are hot -- I'm looking for something for summer.
    Emily

Have you looked at Naot shoes? They tend to fit narrow. Price wise they can be more $ than other brands, but you get what you pay for. I own several pair and find the comfort and quality well worth the price. Plus some models have interchangeable footbed which prolongs the life of the shoe.
    No pressure No diamonds

I also own 3 pairs of Naot shoes. I love, love, love them. The store I mentioned with the discount room sells them, and I do have a narrow heel, so they fit. And I fit perfectly in a size 36 in their dress shoes.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I have a pair of Keen Naples that I LOVE and can dress up a bit, but I have a WIDE foot. Danskos would be a great choice, but like others have said, they really need to be tried-on. The more traditional stapled clog style models tend to fit wider, I have found. Some of the less clog-like Danskos don't work on my duck feet at all.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I think the Dansko sandals are probably M width - my foot it neither wide nor narrow. Many of the sandals have buckles to adjust the height. I have a high arch myself. I have also tried on Naot brand in the past as others have suggested. If I recall, they were indeed a little narrow for me. They are spendy indeed but high quality sandals that will last years! Good luck.
    2010 Trek 2.1 WSD

I have a very narrow low volume foot. Naot & Merrells seem to work for me. I have to have adjustable straps because if they don't adjust, they are way too floppy. I had to have my Chaco strap shortened 4" so they weren't dragging on the ground and they are still very long.
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Ahhh...thanks for the suggestion of Naot! I had never heard of them, but I found several styles that say "narrow to medium", and the reviews indicate that they are super comfortable and walkable; that would be perfect. I have never spent so much on a pair of shoes in my life (other than hiking boots), but these might just be worth it. May wait for a sale. I put a couple of pairs (Laura and Kayla styles) onto my Amazon wishlist while I'm thinking about it. These really do look the most like what I have in mind of anything I've seen so far, and it says they fit narrower feet. Perfect -- thanks!
    Emily

I have a wide foot, so my go-to styles won't help you (though I've been on a similiar quest to replace a pair of black sandals I own that are falling apart for a whole year with no luck!!). BUT, my mom has a narrow foot, lives in FL and only wears sandals. This is her latest pair and they looked dressier than I would have guessed by the photo (and super cute) if you can stand the toe thing.
    http://www.zappos.com/merrell-stella...fcTest=fcl%3A2

If the toe thing is not your style, these might work too (I tend to prefer slides):
    http://www.zappos.com/merrell-shudra...fcTest=fcl%3A2

Both styles come in multiple colors.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I love Zappos and Shoebuy.com for the free return shipping
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2

Also, I just got these from Land's End on sale. They might still be having 30% off
    http://www.landsend.com/products/wom...dals/id_250478
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2