Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

May/June Weight Managment

To disable ads, please log-in.

Next two months of our weight management challenge!

Let me know
    (1) if you want to join in
    (2) what your weight is on Friday the 10th of May (or whatever day works best for you) (or any day since then)
    (3) what your goal weight is for the 28th of June - if you want to, if you don't want to set a goal like that, then no worries.

I'll post the link to the chart shortly.

SOOOOO sorry for the delay. Work is about to break me. I'm threatening to run away from home. I've barely done anything good for me other than biking to work on bike to work day. Which was awesome, and I need to do that more!
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

I will join in again this time, it is so good for accountability! I will pick yesterdays weight of 125.2 and would like to be at 123 at the end of June.

No worries about the delay, we just kept posting and I, for one, hadn't noticed that we were in the next "time period". We appreciate your long term management of this, and if there is some way that we can help let us know. If you need to take a break from it I am sure it wouldn't kill us

I think some may have been thrown off by this, because it says to state your weight on Friday, the 10th of May... which was 2 weeks ago. I will guess, as like Catrin, this keeps me accountable.
    May 10: 107
    goal weight on 28 June: 104.
    I'm actually pretty close, but I like "reporting in." And since I'm leaving for a weekend of very hard riding in the Berkshires on June 28, it's perfect.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I'm in. I've been pretty stuck for the past couple of weeks and not sure why. My start is 144.4 and my goal remains 140.

If you find yourself having to choose between going for a bike ride or updating the spreadsheet, please go for a bike ride.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I'm in, too. I just weighed in this morning: 125. Goal: 118 (though I'd be happy with 120, which is where I was a couple of months ago).

Not sure if we're still reporting in on Fridays, but I am at 105.6.
    Last week I got down to 103.5, which scared me a bit, so I upped my eating. Shouldn't have done that.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

143.6. Pleasantly surprised.

Gone but not forgotten:

126.9 - wrong way! This always happens when my calorie intake drops below a certain level It comes from not fueling properly for my activity level. I KNOW better!

I'd like to join in again for maintenance. I am at 104 now and prefer to stay right around there.

Thanks!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

106.4 wrong way, though it's the lowest my weight has been all week.
    I have a big ride Sunday, so I expect my weight to be wacky after that.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

144.8. I'm experiencing one of my water-retention-for-no-apparent-reason phases again. This drives me nuts.

I'm also doing a long ride tomorrow and another next Saturday, which should mess things up for me too. We shall see.

Gone but not forgotten:

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    144.8. I'm experiencing one of my water-retention-for-no-apparent-reason phases again. This drives me nuts.

I'm also doing a long ride tomorrow and another next Saturday, which should mess things up for me too. We shall see.
    I feel your pain. I used to gain 3 or 4 pounds in the days before my period. Now I gain (and lose) water weight several times throughout the last half of my cycle, and the retention can be as much as 6 or 7 pounds. It's awful. Stupid perimenopause.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

104.0, same as last week.

I am pleased that my weight has been stable and lower now that I'm back in the US -- this is exactly how it was before we left for Belize. We ride more now (and hills, rather than flats), and since it hasn't been super hot and humid (yet!) I'm just more active in general, take more walks, etc. In Belize it got dark so early we never walked after dinner, and here we always do, stuff like that. Also drinking more wine and less beer probably helps a little -- and eating a better variety and quality of food, for the most part.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

124 this morning--down one.

I'm finally getting time for some exercise (rode on Tuesday and Thursday and hiked on Wednesday), and that makes all the difference. Now let's just hope my work schedule doesn't get crazy again.

OK, I was 105 yesterday and 106.6 today. Neither is bad, but there's no reason for my weight to go up.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura