Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Your experiences have been interesting Emily! I wish I could get the scales that low...but I don't see that happening. Have fun with all of your travels!
    I have really small bones, which is why my weight is so low -- I still have love handles and belly flab, even at this weight, but it's not a realistic weight for most women, who have bigger bones and thus more lean body weight than I do!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

125 again. Ugh. I'm still not finding the time to exercise--too much work. The work load isn't going to change, apparently, so I need to find a way to make it all fit.
    ~Jen
    2008 Trek Madone 5.1/compact double/Terry Butterfly
    My family's food and winemaking blog is www.flahertywines.com

I was 143 yesterday. This did not make me happy after 8 straight days at 142.6 or lower. I'm hoping to start trending downward again after today or tomorrow. (Today was a get-up-early-and-do-a-long-bike-ride day.)

My best strategy seems to be eating a normal, filling breakfast and lunch, with lunch split so that half is actual lunch and half is a snack at 4 pm-ish, then eating less at dinner than I used to. If I have too little for lunch I have too much at dinner.

- Gray Trek Madone 4.7 road bike, mystery crack in top tube repaired by Calfee, Bontrager Affinity RXL saddle
    - Red Trek 6000 mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver Trek 2000 road bike
    - Two awesome and worn out Juliana saddles

102.0 this morning -- lowest in years. I have been very active and eating healthy meals/snacks, but not particularly light. Lots of salads, but I've been eating ice cream too (my post-riding reward), so I am surprised I continue to slowly lose. I am still not "too skinny" at this weight -- I start looking a bit gaunt if I get below 100, which I haven't done since college.

We will be traveling for five out of the next six weeks, both on our own and to visit relatives, so this gives me the cushion I'll need for all those restaurant meals -- and my mother's cooking!

I won't be able to weigh in again until Friday the 26th due to our travels.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I haven't weighed myself since Wednesday, due to being sick, just getting back into my exercise routine, and been eating a bit more whole grains. When I am sick, I seem to crave this. Anyway, I weighed 106.8 this week, which isn't bad, up .2, but I am not getting closer to my goal. Some of it is I haven't been riding as much, especially, in the past 2 weeks, when I was sick. I am back on track now, went to boot camp Monday and rode yesterday and today. It's so hot out, though, that while I am riding, it's just short rides. Have about 25-30 planned for tomorrow with some friends and I am getting a bit nervous about the heat. We're going out at 9:30 AM so I will deal with it.
    Last year at this time I weighed 103 and I'd love to get back there. Especially, before I go to Italy on August 14th. This is a no cycling vacation, unless we rent bikes for a day, although we will do some hiking.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

144.0. Damn hormones.

- Gray Trek Madone 4.7 road bike, mystery crack in top tube repaired by Calfee, Bontrager Affinity RXL saddle

Gone but not forgotten:

I guess this thread is done...
    This is my first time not being too successful. I haven't gained a lot, but I seem to be at my setpoint, which is 106-107. I want to get down to 104-5, as I just look better at that weight. I'm not obsessing, but at this point I am not sure how else to tweak my diet. I admit to eating more carbs (mostly whole wheat bread) in the past month, as when I was sick, I just crave this. I'm not pigging out on junk food or sweets, so this must be it.
    I skipped boot camp for 2 weeks and I think that is a part of it. I cringe to think I have to do this the rest of my life (do they have boot camp for 70 year olds?). I know weight should not be controlled with exercise (there's a diagnosis for that), but this is what seems to work for me, more than what I eat.
    I weighed 106.6 today, after being as high as 108.6 on Monday.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I'm at 143.2 today. This past week was messed up for me. Long bike ride in the heat on Sunday, which I expected would mess up my fluid retention for a few days (and it did). Then no cardio on Tuesday (still recovering from Sunday) or Wednesday (big rainstorms).

Meanwhile I've started taking a magnesium supplement, because I read that some women find magnesium to help with period-related water retention. It's not a very high dose (250 mg, less than the USRDA) and the only supplement I was able to find that wasn't a higher dose is magnesium oxide, which apparently is less bio-available than other forms of magnesium. So, it's really not a high dose. But I figure it can't hurt, especially with all the cycling in hot weather that I'm doing. I already eat some foods that are good sources of magnesium and will try to increase them a bit, too. It might not help, but then again maybe it will.

I just noticed that this is a "May/June" thread and we are in July. Hmmm.
    Last edited by ny biker; 07-12-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Gone but not forgotten:

126.2 today. My current set point appears to be between 126-127.6 for I just can't seem to get below 126 and stay there. I can't complain, there was time when I couldn't get under much higher weight points...