Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Am I getting played by my lbs?

To disable ads, please log-in.

So, I'm shopping around for a new bike and dude at my lbs (who has always been pretty cool) is trying to sell me a Cannondale SuperSix Evo with Ultegra Di2. I know he's a salesman and all but IS a pretty nice bike. He's offering bike outfitted with carbon pedals for about 5200..this does include tax. I know that MSRP says the bike is 5200. I'm wondering if he's trying to get something over on me because originally he told me that with tax and all it would be 5800, I didn't take the bait. Now he says, 5200. Hmm..so I'm wondering if this is a pretty decent price or if he's still trying to get me to bite.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Giant Avail Advanced 2

Can't say for sure about Cannondale, but if it works the same way as Specialized don't pay MSRP..... the dealer gets 3 prices MSRP, "sale price", and final offer...

when I bought my original Ruby MSRP was $5,500, "sale" was $4,400 I bought it for $3,600
    Last edited by Eden; 05-11-2013 at 02:55 PM.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Thanks guys. Skippyyak I appreciate the link, I've been trying to do my research. Once I add TN tax it comes out to just under 5200 plus he's putting carbon pedals on it. Sounds like the price he's given me the SECOND time around is fair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Giant Avail Advanced 2

Am I getting played ?

AS others have mentioned, offer them something lower and see what they do... that is something we do with lots of other purchases we make, so bikes should be no different.

But, as a Cannonadle dealer, I would also tell you that Cannondale is having a sale right now on all Evo's and that is 20% off, so you might want to check again.

Good luck in your search!