Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Sorry to hear about the chest cold but I'm glad to know you're starting to recover!

Tom and I both got bad chest colds after TransPortugal. I'm just now starting to feel human again. Tom is still sick and sleeping a lot.
    C.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

The cold is almost gone, just have a stupid cough. My eye is nearly healed from the freak accident with the soap dispenser. It's been another week of very little training. All I have done is my two sessions with Shawna. I was really disappointed with my leg session. She wanted me to do ten jumps onto the 24 inch step. My first jump I landed really off balance and immediately bounced off the step to my right. My second jump barely cleared the step. I just had no power. I did the rest of the set and the other two rounds on the 18 inch step. I guess I really shouldn't be surprised - I lost 3 pounds in 5 days and I'm just starting to get my appetite back. And I was sleeping like a cat - 21 hours a day. Only a slight exaggeration.

I haven't signed up for a race yet. At this point, I'm not sure I'll race at all this summer. I'm okay with that. The chiro and massage therapist have been doing a lot of work on loosening up my shoulders and upper back. I haven't been in the pool in a while. The swim has always been good, I wonder if it will be even better. I've got lots of running drills to do when I can breath without coughing.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

My eye is all better. I was able to put my contacts in on Saturday. Still coughing...

The best part of being on vacation is being able to sit with Tucker in my lap for as long as he wants. He's currently lolling upside down with his head in the crook of my arm.

I did an extra session with my trainer on Saturday - a lot of TRX work. One legged lunges on the Bosu, flat side up and pistol squats, also on the Bosu. Those were HARD! We bought a TRX to take with us on vacation so it's nice to have a wide variety of fun things to do.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

Pistols on the Bosu!!! That is impressive, for sure. I am not so good at them...and that is with holding the TRX with one hand for balance. I am starting to target my ankle flexibility - which is the root of my pistols problem. Good job! I think having a TRX on vacation will be fun

I am imagining "regular" people looking at "having a TRX on vacation will be fun."
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I've been going to the chiropractor for 8 weeks now and starting next week, I'm down to 2 adjustments a week instead of 3. Woohoo! At today's evaluation he saw a lot of improvement in my lower body and how those muscles respond. But he's still not happy with how locked up my upper body is and how slow my lats are to respond. I've cut way down on how much Advil I've been taking and I seldom wake up with a headache now. Now, I just need to get off my lazy butt and start training. But, I really like sitting around in my PJS, drinking coffee with a cat in my lap. It's a shame Tucker likes his loving in the morning and not the afternoon!

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

Re: How Hard Can It Be? 6.0

LOL Crankin

Veronica-so glad you are seeing improvement! If I cant get my lat/scap/ t-spine to respond better then I may wind up at a chiro as well. Hope things continue to improve for you!