Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Viva Bike Vegas

Viva Bike Vegas

To disable ads, please log-in.

Has anyone ridden in Viva Bike Vegas? I'm pretty sure I'm riding it, but I can't decide between the 60 mile ride and the century. I've never ridden a century before, but I do ride quite a bit, and I have time to train. I'm just slightly concerned about the hills and the heat. Even though the ride starts early in the a.m., I'm imagining the heat in Vegas in September will be pretty intense. Does anyone have any input on this ride--or the Interbike industry trade show (that happens the same weekend)?

So, I've officially signed up for this thing. I'm going to do 60 miles and am hoping the weather is bearable. If not, I'm detouring to the Venetian and getting a spa treatment. If anyone has done Viva Bike Vegas before, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this ride.

I hope it cools down a bit for you. I just got home from Vegas on Tuesday -- it was 98-105. I will never go to Vegas in the summer again!

If you end up at the Venetian, and like beer, go to The Public House.

Thanks, Snapdragen. I do like beer, and I've never been to The Public House before.

I keep checking the Vegas weather on my iPhone. 90 degrees and flash floods today. Yikes. I read that this ride used to always be in October or November. I wonder what made them switch it to September, when it'll undoubtedly be hotter.