I want to do a century. It'll be self-supported (because of work--and all my coworkers taking weekends until July--I can't do the organized ones), on the rail-trail, so it'll be flat. Debating which bike to take. Leaning toward the CX bike with slick tires on it, because it fits better. The only downside is that that bike sucks up more energy over the long haul (or it feels like it does) than the road bike.

Had my knee not exploded back in September this wouldn't be an issue. I had been doing 40-50 milers regularly with slightly longer rides (60-70) thrown in there. Now I'm doing 15-20 3-4 days a week, but haven't ventured much further than that because of a lack of time (and allergies). A 25-mile ride for some reason had me exhausted.

I don't know what the best way to ramp my mileage back up before July, especially considering the fact that I work weekends. Once this month is over I think I'll have a little more flexibility since I won't have experiments to do. Just writing. Suggestions?