Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Women on tour at the Ciclismo Classico Bike Travel Film Festival - May 20th!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi TE friends,

May is National Bike Month, and I’m inviting you to the most inspirational event of the month – the 4th Annual Ciclismo Classico Bike Travel Film Festival on May 20th at the Regent Theatre in Arlington. It’s a benefit for Massbike.

It is the only film festival in the USA that will make you want to drop everything and ride off into the sunset (or at least head away for a weekend). This year, our Grand Jury Prize winner is a fascinating story of a 23-year old Boston mother of three who cycled the globe in just 15 months – in 1894!

In addition to this seriously “old-school” tour, we’ll see more recent explorations with destinations from Iran to Scotland to…Swampscott!

This filmfest is very woman-centric - the director (me!) is a woman, and the title sponsor (Ciclismo Classico) is woman-founded and led. I made sure to fully represent the fact that it's not just men who do awesome bike tours (which is what you'd believe from a quick look at youtube!)
    We are also the only film festival to feature a Cookie Showcase of the area’s best bakeries - which is what happens when event planners have a sweet tooth.

One lucky attendee will win an amazing door prize – a spot on one of Ciclismo Classico’s “More Miles for Less” tours – a $2600 value! We’ll also be raffling off an eclectic collection of cool bike jerseys to outfit you for your next ride. Hope to see you there!

Details:

Monday, May 20th, 2013

Regent Theatre, Arlington MA (7 Medford Street)

Social hour 6:00 PM; Films begin 7:00 PM

Tickets $10 in advance, $15 at the door

http://www.ciclismoclassico.com/filmfest

Check us out on facebook!

Thanks for posting this, and I'll try to make it. I went to a bike travel film fest at the Regent a few months ago and it was entirely male-centric.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

Quote Originally Posted by DebW View Post
    Thanks for posting this, and I'll try to make it. I went to a bike travel film fest at the Regent a few months ago and it was entirely male-centric.
    Yeah, as the person sifting through gazillions of submissions and also searching the web to find filmmakers to approach, I found that the vast majority of these videos are men on tour. Then again, the vast majority of tour videos have a really limited audience - they're great if it's about you or your friends, but not that interesting to the general public. Our festival's mission is to inspire people to travel by bike, and we want to inspire everyone! Not just men So as a result, we have about 10 exciting films of all types. I'm pretty excited! And the whole jury was especially excited by our winning film.