Hi TE friends,

May is National Bike Month, and I’m inviting you to the most inspirational event of the month – the 4th Annual Ciclismo Classico Bike Travel Film Festival on May 20th at the Regent Theatre in Arlington. It’s a benefit for Massbike.

It is the only film festival in the USA that will make you want to drop everything and ride off into the sunset (or at least head away for a weekend). This year, our Grand Jury Prize winner is a fascinating story of a 23-year old Boston mother of three who cycled the globe in just 15 months – in 1894!

In addition to this seriously “old-school” tour, we’ll see more recent explorations with destinations from Iran to Scotland to…Swampscott!

This filmfest is very woman-centric - the director (me!) is a woman, and the title sponsor (Ciclismo Classico) is woman-founded and led. I made sure to fully represent the fact that it's not just men who do awesome bike tours (which is what you'd believe from a quick look at youtube!)
We are also the only film festival to feature a Cookie Showcase of the area’s best bakeries - which is what happens when event planners have a sweet tooth.

One lucky attendee will win an amazing door prize – a spot on one of Ciclismo Classico’s “More Miles for Less” tours – a $2600 value! We’ll also be raffling off an eclectic collection of cool bike jerseys to outfit you for your next ride. Hope to see you there!

Details:

Monday, May 20th, 2013

Regent Theatre, Arlington MA (7 Medford Street)

Social hour 6:00 PM; Films begin 7:00 PM

Tickets $10 in advance, $15 at the door

http://www.ciclismoclassico.com/filmfest

Check us out on facebook!