Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thoughts on cannondale supersix?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Any women have the super six? I don't hear a lot about it. Just curious about how the ride is...how aggressive the fit is etc.

I tried a Super Six when i was bike shopping. For me the Ruby was more comfortable, but the Super Six was very responsive.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

I don't think it's super aggressive. I've done 2 rides across the state of MI and numerous centuries in reasonable comfort. I really like mine.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

My husband has the Cannondale Supersix 105. He tested that against the Cannondale Carbon Synapse 105. He could not really tell the difference between the two regarding the "Plush Factor". But the Cannondale Carbon Synapse 105 is slightly more upright position (less aggressive) than the Cannondale Supersix 105.

He ended up with the 2012 Cannondale Supersix 105 because it was on sale (new last year) for $300 cheaper than the Cannondale Carbon Synapse 105 and also was cheaper than the Specialized/Giant bikes in the carbon bike with Shimano 105 category.
    2014 Liv Lust
    2013 Specialized Fate Expert with carbon wheelset (sold)
    2012 Specialized Amira Elite
    2010 Santa Cruz Juliana with R kit and Crampon pedals (sold)

2011 Specialized Ariel Sport,suspension post,Serfas Rx Women's Microfiber saddle (sold)

Let me put it this way: I've been drooling over one for the last year.

(Okay, I tried the women's CAAD10, which is the same geometry, only aluminum. It fit almost perfectly right off the floor. I didn't think it was super aggressive. I just want to go carbon+Ultegra so I never have to upgrade again. At least, that's what I tell myself.)
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    Let me put it this way: I've been drooling over one for the last year.

(Okay, I tried the women's CAAD10, which is the same geometry, only aluminum. It fit almost perfectly right off the floor. I didn't think it was super aggressive. I just want to go carbon+Ultegra so I never have to upgrade again. At least, that's what I tell myself.)
    I have been wanting to try Cannondale Women's bikes out this season. Such good reviews for the most part. A couple people have complained that the carbon frames, not sure which frame, felt very slow. Not quite sure what that means.

I tried out a 2012 women's Supersix Ultegra and it was lovely. I felt too stretched out with too much pressure on my arms but in hindsight, I suspect that going down one size might have done the job. The LBS didn't have a size 48 in stock for me to try. I ended up opting for a Synapse which I really like for longer rides. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have the Supersix instead, but the Synapse feels light, racy and nimble enough as my first road bike.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahMN View Post
    I have been wanting to try Cannondale Women's bikes out this season. Such good reviews for the most part. A couple people have complained that the carbon frames, not sure which frame, felt very slow. Not quite sure what that means.
    Huh. Couldn't tell you, though, because my neither of my local Cannondale dealers have any women's carbon hanging around.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...