Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Finally... riding 2 days in a row

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yes, the weather and my schedule has finally cooperated to get in back to back rides.
    On Tuesday I rode about 27 miles with Hirakukibou, our first ride together this season. It was cloudy and very, very windy, but warmish. After five miles, I had my knee warmers, vest, and head cover off. Awesome ride, and it started raining about 15 minutes after I got home.
    Yesterday, DH and I had arranged our schedules to do a club ride that had the lunch at one of our favorite places. It's a rustic shack on a pond that hardly anyone knows about. Great food and beer. Unfortunately, I was feeling rushed, that I wouldn't be able to get to my client's house by 3:30, as it's pretty far. DH's ankle is still hurting and he was kind of negative, so we decided to ride ourselves, leaving later. Of course, my client cancelled (it's school vacation week here and of course, why would you make your kid keep his therapy session?). We left at noon and rode into Harvard and Bolton, doing one of our favorite climbs. Stopped at Nancy's Airfield Cafe in Stow for lunch. Right before we got here, all of a sudden, DH started sprinting up a small hill, like he was testing me. I was tired from a lot of climbing, and when we got to the airport, he said he did it to keep our average above a certain point. Great.
    I had a light lunch of soup and salad, but eating affected both of us. We slowly made it back home, about 14 more miles, as we went the long way to avoid a climb we didn't want to do. Too bad, as we rode on one of my favorite roads to go fast on, but my legs were dead. We rode just under 39 miles and it was so warm I was in a short sleeved jersey for almost the whole ride. I also finally rode my Kuota outside on this ride.
    I was exhausted and was seriously tempted to skip boot camp this morning, but I went.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Sounds great Crankin - and congrats on being able to ride two days in a row! I still haven't been able to ride 2 days in a WEEK yet, but that time is a-coming, eventually. When the weather settles. If...(patience Catrin, patience).

Good going! I'm still striving for that. I'd be happy to do 10 mile back-to-back days right now. I get up for work at 4:00 am every morning, and most days my riding aspirations at lunch time are gone by the time I actually leave work.

I was glad we rode Crankin. My ride ended up to be about 33 miles. It was a good effort. It helps me a lot to ride with friends. I am now in Baltimore visiting my daughter and going to a memorial concert for her dad and my ex. It's going to be an emotionally rough weekend, but I am glad to be here to support her. At least it is warm here.
    "Why walk when you can bike?"
    Luna Eclipse
    Fuji RC Supreme
    Fuji Touring
    Centurion Le Mans
    All have Selle SMP TRK saddles.
    My blog: www.thepolkadotjournal.blogspot.com

Murienn, the restaurant is awesome. It's been there since Prohibition, when I am sure it was a speakeasy.
    GLC will know what I am talking about, as it's in her hometown.
    hirakukibou, I will email you/text you about next week. I know it will be good for you to be with your daughter.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport