Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Spring 2013 relaxed C&O Canal ride

To disable ads, please log-in.

Still getting used to both the dimensions of the new bike and the new saddle (and a sad dearth of exercise over the last several months), but once everything's broken in I should be able to keep up with y'all. Do we want to pick a Saturday or Sunday for a C&O ride & picnic?
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

Well my mountain bike wheels are in storage while I have work done on my condo but I would get them out for a picnic!

What time frame did you have in mind?

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I dunno. I'm away this weekend and need another ride or two to get over being saddle-sore, so sometime in May?
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."

I'm interested in joining you both if that's okay. Dates that work for me include May 4-5, May 24-25. How about a multi-day GAP ride sometime this summer?
    Specialized Ruby/Selle Italia Flow
    1991 Specialized Sirrus, steel frame
    Dahon Eco C7
    Surly Long Haul Trucker/Terry Fly RS
    Trident TWIG Recumbent

May 25th sounds good to me. I'll have had a chance to take the bike back in for a fitting between now and then, too.

Do the other ladies still check in here, or should I/someone send out an e-mail to get 'em in here?

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    I can't do the 25th (unless it's a late morning or early afternoon thing), but may be able to do the 26th (Sunday) - again, late a.m. or early afternoon. Would be nice to get out on the C&O and see y'all again.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

So what time-frame works for you on the 25th, 7? Is there a time that would be too early or too late?

Does that day work for anyone else?

And have folks here started using real names yet, or still only 'net pseudonyms? I've gotten used to other message boards where everyone uses their actual name in conversation, don't want to slip up and do that here if TE hasn't taken that step.

I don't know about you gals, but I think I would arrange rides by pm-ing each other. This is an open forum and others could stalk you or whatever, so maybe that would be smarter?

We used to arrange rides like this all the time. I remember conversations about that sort of concern back when I used to post here more frequently, though. Has it ever actually happened to anyone?

I was planning to join a big club ride that is we do every year on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, so Sunday the 26th would be better for me, too.

Gone but not forgotten:

Is DB still around?

Not sure of my plans that weekend but if I'm in town, I'd definitely be game.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidurga View Post
    Is DB still around?
    I haven't seen any posts from her in a while.

Gone but not forgotten: