Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 70
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    6,043

    Possible explosion at the finish line for the Boston Marathon?

    To disable ads, please log-in.

    At the risk of inciting panic, I wanted to post this. There's apparently been an incident, possible a serious one, near the finish line for the race.

    Crankin, any word from Oak?
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

    --Mary Anne Radmacher

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Concord, MA
    Posts
    13,394
    I just got home and DH just called me.
    It's bad. Oak was right near the finish or had just finished. It shows her time as not done. I have not heard from her or her DH, although I don't know if he has my #. I am going to text her now. The streets are blocked off. Most of the injured were spectators. Of course, there were tons of doctors around.
    I will let you know, please don't panic. The news reporters (not the sensationalist kind) are saying it looked like Iraq.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

    2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    6,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I just got home and DH just called me.
    It's bad. Oak was right near the finish or had just finished. It shows her time as not done. I have not heard from her or her DH, although I don't know if he has my #. I am going to text her now. The streets are blocked off. Most of the injured were spectators. Of course, there were tons of doctors around.
    I will let you know, please don't panic. The news reporters (not the sensationalist kind) are saying it looked like Iraq.
    Oh my gosh. Please keep us posted if and when you can.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

    --Mary Anne Radmacher

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Concord, MA
    Posts
    13,394
    If she was close, they re-routed everyone to a nearby street and they were told to go to the family meeting area. I hope she is there.
    I texted her, no answer.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

    2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    4,632
    Hopefully she just doesn't have her phone on her or some other innocuous explanation...
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

    2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

    2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva


    Saving for the next one...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Concord, MA
    Posts
    13,394
    I am more worried about her DH. He most likely was in the stands, at the scene. From my calculations, she was at mile 25 when it happened.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

    2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    96
    obviously this is only helpful is someone has internet access and can list themselves...

    http://www.redcross.org/find-help/co...r-safe-listing

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, OR
    Posts
    5,023
    A friend of mine who was there posted on facebook that none of her texts would go out even though she could receive them, so even no news from Oak might not be bad news.

    Keeping my fingers crossed for her and her DH. (The photos are so sad!)
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    6,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I am more worried about her DH. He most likely was in the stands, at the scene. From my calculations, she was at mile 25 when it happened.
    Cr*p.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

    --Mary Anne Radmacher

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Concord, MA
    Posts
    13,394
    They are both fine! Cell service is questionable down there. Her DH texted me and then called me on my land line.
    It will be awhile before they get back here; traffic, etc. is a nightmare. My son, who works in Cambridge, on the other side of the river had his whole building shut down and let out early... he works in a building with Google, Apple, etc, so they are not messing around.
    The medical response has been awesome. It's being handled as well as any city could in this situation.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

    2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    6,043
    I feel really bad for anyone injured by the explosions, and I certainly hope that neither Oak or her DH are among them. But even if they're fine, it upsets me that this may very well be her lasting memory of the race, after all she went through to get there.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

    --Mary Anne Radmacher

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    10,889
    Oh my, oh my...hopefully they are both fine and just can't access a phone or the like for now...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    6,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    They are both fine! Cell service is questionable down there. Her DH texted me and then called me on my land line.
    It will be awhile before they get back here; traffic, etc. is a nightmare. My son, who works in Cambridge, on the other side of the river had his whole building shut down and let out early... he works in a building with Google, Apple, etc, so they are not messing around.
    The medical response has been awesome. It's being handled as well as any city could in this situation.
    Thank goodness. Give them hugs from all of us if and when you see them.

    Oak, so glad you and DH are okay!!!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

    --Mary Anne Radmacher

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Concord, MA
    Posts
    13,394
    Again, they are fine.
    We will debrief, don't worry....
    Last edited by Crankin; 04-15-2013 at 01:26 PM.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

    2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, OR
    Posts
    5,023
    Oh, phew!

    I think that was the last person I knew who was there and everyone is safe...but what an awful thing all around.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •