Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by withm View Post
    My Cuisinart food processor is probably close to 30 yrs old.
    Mine is new compared to yours; I got it in 1985!
    Still going strong after a stem replacement (busted it trying to grate parmesan rinds).

For bread I like the KA mixer better anyway. Or the bread maker.
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Having such a problem making my mind up - it is between a KitchenAid 9-cup FB with a second bowl, and a Cuisinart 12-cup with a second bowl. Trying to decide which will give me the most value for the long-term but I understand the Cuisinart has a button that one must depress to disconnect the bowl. I have to wonder if my hand strength issues might be a problem - and I HATE paying return shipping fees...That might be the decider for me, the cost for both isn't that high - or that different. I am tired of reading reviews - these are slightly older models so I probably won't find any local stores, but I will check tonight to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    I am tired of reading reviews - these are slightly older models so I probably won't find any local stores, but I will check tonight to see.
    That was going to be my suggestion - to try to find them locally to at least see how they operate in person.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    That was going to be my suggestion - to try to find them locally to at least see how they operate in person.
    So far no luck with this. The only local ones I've found so far are the really cheap ones with terrible reviews, or really pricey top of the line. What I need is in the middle, but I've a couple more days to look before the sale expires on the Macy's website for my (so far) top pick.

Thanks again for all of the helpful feedback. I wound up ordering it from a major dept. store website with a pretty decent sale price. Not as good as the 3rd party on Amazon, but I still saved $70 and no shipping charges This is a slightly older model that fits my needs without being TOO large, it seems like all the stores carry around here are either much too small or much too large. I was, however, able to lay my hands on a similar KitchenAid model at the store and found it much easier to open/manipulate/close than either my old Cuisinart or the new ones at the store.
    Last edited by Catrin; 04-12-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    I need to replace my 3-cup Cuisinart food processor and am looking for larger veggies chopper, say 6-9 cups, hopefully with two bowls for smaller and larger amounts. I am researching away - just curious if anyone has a favorite. My budget is modest but there is a wide range of prices out there. Hamilton Beach has a model with two bowls, but the reviews are so mixed that I am passing on it.
    I like Hamilton Beach. My food processor is 10-cup capacity, absolutely large capacity and very cheap. It is an essential tool for making salads and purées, quickly chopping large amounts of vegetables.

I've been reading some threads here and this one picks my interest. As a mom, there couldn't be anything better than a pair of machines ready to help you up from your daily routines.