Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Shoes and Pedals

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am looking to purchase my first cycling shoes and pedals. I have a road bike. My riding mostly consists of group, charity rides, and eventually Bike Across Kansas ride, which includes stops in small towns to sightsee. I feel with what I will be doing, that a walkable cycling shoe would be best for me. My LBS has recommended Frogs and Specialized MotoDiva, Riata, or Spirita RBX. I would appreciate your opinions on this selection. Thanks

Cycling shoes have stiff soles so unless you're walking very short distances, I'd plan on sticking a small pair of flip flops in your seat bag or jersey pocket.

Shoes need to fit - period. Don't go by brand names. Know that your feet will swell with the heat so be sure that you can wiggle your toes.

A really nice pair of cycling socks can be heaven. They wick sweat and keep your feet happy.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

ditto on the flip flops- in addition to the stiffness factor there is the "air out your shoes and feet" factor. My years of backpacking got me in the habit of taking off the hiking/running/biking footwear the second I'm done for the day. No matter how comfy, feet love air.....