Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

April Showers Puddle Runs

To disable ads, please log-in.

WOW! I haven't posted much but starting the April thread.

10 miles on the road preparing for my big 10 mile trail/adventure run.
    Beautiful day. No April Showers or puddles to run thru!

K
    katluvr

Yesterday the supervisor tested me on 1500 meters run. I did a warm um and then I ran against a girl who has been training orienteering for 11 years. At first she started really fast and I couldn't keep up. But only after the first lap she slowed down so I could pass her. My time was 6:25 and hers 6:52. We are both preparing for a military race next week. After the run something happened to me for the first time: I started coughing and the cough continued fo 10-15 min incessantly. Then it calmed down slowly but I felt chest pain during the evening too. I read that the reason is too much air going through the mouth and it cannot be filtered through the nose and throat and the air goes directly to the lungs unfiltered and this causes the cough and mucus. It wasn't pleasant at all and I realized that I put too much effort.
    Since I don't run too much (once a week) and I like cycling more, I don't intend to overdo it running just now. I''l keep you informed about the race

8 slow km today but the weather was windy and I didn't feel like pushing too much.

April showers and too much puddles to run through today. Skipped my run. today

K
    katluvr

Keeping my fingers crossed for NO showers on April 15!!! I've got a streak of good weather going so the law of averages is not in my favor.

Tapering ....
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Well, the forecast for the day before is partly sunny and 57 degrees.
    The Patriot's Day hoopla is gearing up. Lots of promo for the marathon. Deciding if I'm going to march in the parade while you're running . I guess I could still march with the military family group, under the guise of mother of a veteran.
    The weather people keep saying the "tide has turned," i.e. no more snow or freezing weather, although it is supposed to get down in the 30s and 40s next week, mid week, but only for a couple of days.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Skipped Thursday's run, and only managed 2 miles today, thanks to the sudden arrival of spring allergies. But I'm racing tomorrow anyway; gonna do drugs, as much as I would rather not. It's a cross country 8k, and I've never raced that distance, so it's a guaranteed pr. Seems a good thing to give myself for my birthday! Just praying there aren't many maple or oak trees out there (but there surely will be, alas). Beautiful spring weather here too, a little cooler than usual, with just enough breeze to send the pollen flying...

Well, no PR in today's race. Instead, it was my first DNF. It was hard to run with a respiratory tract full of phlegm. Oh well. Bailed at 4k, at a respectable 22:54, all things considered, but that was enough. If I hadn't preregistered, I probably wouldn't have even tried.

I went on a trail run today; the last time I ran (same trail) was the first week in February, before I got bronchitis. I run even slower on the trail than the road and there's some water bars in the beginning I have to walk/jump over, but I ran pretty much the rest until I got to the steepest part of the 25% grade up to my street. It's about 4 miles total out and back, but that includes the half mile I walk down the street to catch the trail and the 1/8 of a mile from the end of the trail to my house (I actually ran down the dirt on the side of the street here, until I got to my driveway).
    Beautiful day, didn't see a soul and I was glad I was not on my bike since the wind was gusting up to 35 mph.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

If only we had showers.
    It snowed again last night, just enough to lightly coat the ice and hide it from view, not enough to completely cover it and make it less slippery. I've enjoyed the skiing, but I'm done with winter!!!
    Queen of the sea beasts

It's warm, at last! And the pollen has either decreased or I've adjusted somewhat. So I got out for a very nice run this morning. Just over 5 miles, at an 8:30 pace. Part of that speed came from nearly getting hit by a driver making an illegal turn. There's no left turn permitted at that intersection and the driver wasn't using a turn signal so I was taken by complete surprise. With the adrenalin flowing the next mile or so was extremely fast!

My first running race EVER was yesterday. I ran 1500 m and became 5th. I had higher hopes but the other girls ran really fast. My time: 6min11sec. After that we had a relay 4х100 m and I ruined my team but I couldn't do anything more: sprints are not my cup of tea. Today we have 800 m individual and 4x400 m relay.

Holy moly Anelia, you are FAST! Good luck today!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Oakleaf, have a great run at Boston!

If we had your bib #, we could follow you!

Good luck, Oakleaf!