Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thanks!! I'm going to be slow but I'm super excited! Weather looks perfect.

I'll PM my number to anyone who wants to follow me - not that I'm all that careful about privacy on here, but would rather not have it out here for the spambots.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Re: April Showers Puddle Runs

I would love to follow you! I am so glad you are doing this, how exciting!

On Sunday I did an improvised running race after my bike race. Both were very amateur: the bike ride was 3 km in the park alleys and I was the only woman. The run was only 1 km and my competitor was an older lady who is an ex pro and now she runs veteran track races. I became second and in fact: last in my age group (over 30) but I am very happy because the lady was really fast, I was very tired from the days racing, biking, running and racing again and I also got an award: a very soft and teenage-like sweatshirt: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	320070_4740648034954_1951054265_n.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	16141

oooooh, Oakleaf is ALMOST THERE!!! (according to the tracker)
    Last edited by Catrin; 04-15-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Oak, check in when you can, please.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I just read the news too. I hope everybody is safe!
    Last edited by Anelia; 04-15-2013 at 12:59 PM.

OMG I just saw the news....hopefully Oak can check in here soon Really hoping what I read online is a hoax...

we are okay. but.it is bad, not a hoax. thinking of the victims and their families.

So sad...so glad you and your DH are safe! I was really hoping that what I read was a hoax but figured it probably wasn't...

I know it's the least important thing in the world, but I need another marathoner to tell me I've earned the right to wear my shirt and the jacket I bought. Or not.

I am not a marathoner, but I did do six double centuries. And I understand not wanting to wear something you think you haven't earned. I bought the jersey for the double century I most wanted to complete and I only got 130 miles in. The jersey sat in my drawer for six years, until last year when a friend of mine finished the ride and I gave it to him. I never wore it. But I proudly wear the Triple Crown jacket some dear friends gave me, even though I'll never do another double!

I think you have earned the right. You would have finished if this horrible event had not occurred. And you worked so hard though so much adversity to get there and do it.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I did complete the boston marathon many years ago in my student days. I absolutely think you have the right to proudly wear your shirt and jacket! This is very different from not finishing due to fatigue. You completed the event until the course was closed. And I am so happy that you and your family are safe, as that is what is really important!!! My daughter was there too, but at mile 18 when the blasts hit, so also safe, but I also was anxious till she texted me from a battery depleted phone. I really liked your post on the other thread. It is good to hear how folks can rally around for each other in these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    I know it's the least important thing in the world, but I need another marathoner to tell me I've earned the right to wear my shirt and the jacket I bought. Or not.
    I'm not a runner, let alone a marathoner, but I think you can. You were, what, half a mile away? and you would have finished had this not happened. Given all you went through to get there, wear it, and wear it proudly.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    I'm not a runner, let alone a marathoner, but I think you can. You were, what, half a mile away? and you would have finished had this not happened. Given all you went through to get there, wear it, and wear it proudly.
    This^^^^.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: April Showers Puddle Runs

What they said... I am far from a runner but it isnt like you stopped by choice...