Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Jens Has Expensive Taste!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

My little miniature schnauzer Jens is quite the chewer. I have never owned a dog that enjoys to chew as much as him! Friday I got off work early for Good Friday, being that I rarely get an afternoon off with no agenda I decided I had earned one of my favorite pastimes, a nap. When I woke up I found my Oakley Split Jackets on the floor, destroyed. I remembered before I went to nap I put them on our kitchen table. Jens is able to get his little paws on the formal dining room table but our kitchen table is a pub height and little Jens can't get up there.

I theorize he decided the afternoon was perfect for one of his favorite past times, chasing the cat. Tortilla knows not to get on the table but with the parents away I am guessing she hopped up there and knocked off the glasses. Jens then saw them as a new chew toy. To add insult to it, I had bought him a new one of his favorite chews Wednesday and it was on the floor next to my beloved Oakleys! He also helped himself to a pair of bib shorts when he was a baby, several of my shoes and my husband's Garmin which has little teeth marks in it. All of those were when he was younger though and we hadn't puppy proofed the house well enough.

Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Yikes!

My Taz was generally very well behaved, but he would climb up onto the kitchen table if there were sunglasses involved. He had a thing for sunglasses.

The Oakleys he ate were the last pair of expensive sunglasses I bought. I barely notice the difference between them and my $9 S&W Mini Magnums, anyway.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler