Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    471

    To disable ads, please log-in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    These are pink bike types http://www.pinkbikesite.com/
    I love them. I am a pink bike type.
    2013 Specialized Myka FSR Comp
    2013 Specialized Ruby Sport (carbon)
    2014 Salsa Vaya 3 (steel)
    2014 Felt Z75

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    102
    I would roll on a pink bike in a heartbeat. My gunmetal, bronze & white bike is BOR-ING!!! My bright pink (nearly neon) jersey is my favorite as I can't be missed in that color. I have matching socks too. I'm not ashamed either!
    2010 Trek 2.1 WSD

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    10,889
    Personally I don't like pastels of any shade, but pink doesn't have to = pastel

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Concord, MA
    Posts
    13,394
    I'm kind of in Catrin's way of thinking. I dislike any pastels and they don't look good on me. My parents never dressed me in pink; maybe they were anti-pink in the 50's?? Anyway, my first pink piece of clothing was a beautiful bright pink, wool sleeveless dress with an organza collar that my dad bought me in Dallas, at Nieman Marcus, while he was on a business trip. I was 12 or13 and wore this dress to many Bar Mitzvah parties. So, I don't mind bright pink and will wear it to accessorize. I have one Sheila Moon jersey with a very interesting bold geometric pattern of pink, red, and black. It's a bit heavier than my other cycling jerseys, so I am coming up to the time of year when I'll be wearing it. It matches perfectly with my red Kuota. I really don't care about the color of my bikes, and that was an incidental part of finding a bike that fit me! Really, I happen to like the plain carbon colored grey I had on my Trek 5200 a few years ago. I do tend to wear jerseys that match the bike I am riding, so I have jerseys in themes of red or blue, and a red and blue helmet.
    However, in real life, I mostly wear black, white, and gray, with some bright colors thrown in on the top once in awhile.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

    2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    central NY
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I'm kind of in Catrin's way of thinking. I dislike any pastels and they don't look good on me. My parents never dressed me in pink; maybe they were anti-pink in the 50's?? Anyway, my first pink piece of clothing was a beautiful bright pink, wool sleeveless dress with an organza collar that my dad bought me in Dallas, at Nieman Marcus, while he was on a business trip. I was 12 or13 and wore this dress to many Bar Mitzvah parties. So, I don't mind bright pink and will wear it to accessorize. I have one Sheila Moon jersey with a very interesting bold geometric pattern of pink, red, and black. It's a bit heavier than my other cycling jerseys, so I am coming up to the time of year when I'll be wearing it. It matches perfectly with my red Kuota.I really don't care about the color of my bikes, and that was an incidental part of finding a bike that fit me! Really, I happen to like the plain carbon colored grey I had on my Trek 5200 a few years ago. I do tend to wear jerseys that match the bike I am riding, so I have jerseys in themes of red or blue, and a red and blue helmet.
    However, in real life, I mostly wear black, white, and gray, with some bright colors thrown in on the top once in awhile.
    Oh, lucky you. I wish I didn't care about the color of my bikes. It would make shopping a whole lot easier! I like my neutral black bike - it's sharp, and I can wear any color jersey with it. But I like fun colors, too (without being garish, I hope) and right now I'm trying to decide what color Bike Friday to get. Neutral, fun, refined, loud, quiet. So many choices.

    But back to pink. I don't really wear pastels. I was thinking more along the lines of fuchsia, or some hi-vis pink for cycling. And my pink socks with cupcakes on them

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    10,889
    Quote Originally Posted by IBrakeforPastry View Post
    Oh, lucky you. I wish I didn't care about the color of my bikes. It would make shopping a whole lot easier! I like my neutral black bike - it's sharp, and I can wear any color jersey with it. But I like fun colors, too (without being garish, I hope) and right now I'm trying to decide what color Bike Friday to get. Neutral, fun, refined, loud, quiet. So many choices.

    But back to pink. I don't really wear pastels. I was thinking more along the lines of fuchsia, or some hi-vis pink for cycling. And my pink socks with cupcakes on them
    This color combination sounds lovely - I DO love me some bright vibrant colors, the more vibrant the better

    I had such a problem choosing the color of my Gunnar. First I forced myself to ONLY choose from their list of "previous monthly/annual" colors. That brought my choices down to a manageable number from which to choose. I finally settled upon a lovely plum that was painted over a metallic graphite silver. Very deep, rich color - especially in the sunshine. Colors are so hard to choose!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    central NY
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    This color combination sounds lovely - I DO love me some bright vibrant colors, the more vibrant the better

    I had such a problem choosing the color of my Gunnar. First I forced myself to ONLY choose from their list of "previous monthly/annual" colors. That brought my choices down to a manageable number from which to choose. I finally settled upon a lovely plum that was painted over a metallic graphite silver. Very deep, rich color - especially in the sunshine. Colors are so hard to choose!
    One of my top choices with the Bike Friday is Merlot with grey decals. It looks so rich and refined (and has a surcharge, and won't really go with the bright pink jerseys!). Then there are the fun shades of blue. And basic black...argh

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    52
    I think your new bike is sharp. I was never much of a pink fan until I got a great deal on my Specialized Ruby - black carbon with pink accents. I went all out and put on pink handle bar tape, pink sidewall tires and a pink Terry saddle. Pink jerseys and helmet followed. Pink can be a lot of fun. Found a youth helmet with pink butterflies that fit my head. I have since toned the bike down, just to change the look, but the pink gear is there for my next surge of girl power.
    Deany

    "A girl can never have too many bicycles"

    2008 Specialized Ruby Comp
    2012 Specialized Vita Elite
    2013 Specialized Myka Elite

  9. #39
    Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Southern Maine
    Posts
    1,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Personally I don't like pastels of any shade, but pink doesn't have to = pastel
    Same here...pastels = yuck for me, but I do like fuchsia and similar shades of pink.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    somewhere between the Red & Rio Grande
    Posts
    5,295
    I am a purple type, don't know what it means to be one but I have been obsessed with purple since I was a little girl! The thing I don't like about pink is you can find anything you want in pale pink but there are so many fabulous shades of pink that are not breast cancer awareness pink. I do like pink though and I was very sad when my black with pink accents Gary Fisher mountain bike was ruined in a wreck, it was feminine and tough all at once!
    Amanda

    2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"


    You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Traveling Nomad
    Posts
    6,763
    Quote Originally Posted by IBrakeforPastry View Post
    But I like fun colors, too (without being garish, I hope) and right now I'm trying to decide what color Bike Friday to get. Neutral, fun, refined, loud, quiet. So many choices.
    Even though it shows dirt and grease, I like my white Bike Friday because it can be "dressed" in different color accessories. I started out with a bright blue bar tape, matching blue Candies pedals, and a navy blue saddle. When it was time to change the bar tape, I chose red because it went with my red Arkel Tail rider. I could also go with pink bar tape and get some pink pedals, but that would clash with the Arkel.
    Emily

    2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Folsom CA
    Posts
    5,667
    Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    I like my white Bike Friday because it can be "dressed" in different color accessories.
    That's precisely why I like my unpainted Ti frame, I can gussie it up however I please.

    2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Traveling Nomad
    Posts
    6,763
    Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    That's precisely why I like my unpainted Ti frame, I can gussie it up however I please.
    Perfect! This is especially important for those who tend to keep our bikes for a long time. Sometimes ya just gotta have a change of scenery.
    Emily

    2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,516
    Based upon an extremely limited sample (2 bikes), it appears that the flat colors are somewhat more durable than the metallic colors from Bike Friday. Both of our bikes have seen comparable wear (with DH's seeing a lot more miles - but the same travel), and its paint is definitely in better shape.

    I think I would go white or orange next time (orange for visibility).
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

  15. #45
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    central NY
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by emily_in_nc View Post
    Even though it shows dirt and grease, I like my white Bike Friday because it can be "dressed" in different color accessories. I started out with a bright blue bar tape, matching blue Candies pedals, and a navy blue saddle. When it was time to change the bar tape, I chose red because it went with my red Arkel Tail rider. I could also go with pink bar tape and get some pink pedals, but that would clash with the Arkel.
    I considered the white. There's a picture on the Bike Friday website showing a white bike with blue trim. I like white and blue - I have white and blue dishes, some Delft pieces, and a white and blue comforter.

    My neighbor just bought my hardly ridden silver hybrid. It had some white and black accents. I cleaned it up before putting it away for the winter, and when my neighbor rolled it down my driveway and into hers, I was struck by how sharp it looked! It could be dressed up with colorful grips or cables (pink, of course, to keep this on-topic). Bike Friday has a charcoal color, but not silver.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •