Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

That is so cool! We only got a couple of pics when our tandem was ready to go to the welding station. That is already one stunning bike.

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2009 Specialized Tricross
    2012 Trek Mamba

The frame was finished on Thursday, but I've been too busy to post up the final pics until now. The lug work is gorgeous. I've been really impressed with the whole process, from the ease of communication to the professionalism and expertise, the quality of the work; sending the pics has just been an exciting perk. The bike is now off to Joe Bell and it's back to waiting.

2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

Hey muriealex, please tell me you have it by now!!!! And, if you do, please post some photos soon. I'm dying to see the finished product.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by indysteel View Post
    Hey muriealex, please tell me you have it by now!!!! And, if you do, please post some photos soon. I'm dying to see the finished product.
    +1 gazillion I want to see what you finally chose for paint work!!!!!!

You canít get better than Bell for a painter. I stopped by his shop one time when I was in San Diego. I saw some absolutely gorgeous pearls, some perfect cut out detailing and beautiful chrome work. I also saw a few Kirks there. Beautifully made bikes!!! Both Bell and Kirk are true artists.

Thanks, gals. Joe's had my bike since mid April, and I first talked with him about paint choices end of May. Last conversation was a couple weeks ago, and I'm hoping to have the bike any day...week...now. I'm going with a pearl white bike with cobalt blue panels and a wee a bit of candy red. The hold up has been to Joe's perfectionism, which I don't mind so much, though I'm getting antsy at this point. I didn't want the decals, so asked him to stencil in the Kirk logo. Apparently, he'd run out of stencils, asked a local guy to make some, but didn't like the quality, so went to another source. He told me it should be ready at the end of the month. I know I'm ready!

Ah, I've been wondering too! It sounds lovely. The one downside to a Joe Bell paint job is that you better not be in a hurry, he's in very high demand and he's a perfectionist. But the results will be well worth the wait!

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

i'm so glad someone asked. i've been wondering too!
    Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us

Joe Bell called me tonight. He said he should ship it out on Friday to Dave. I'm hoping to have it within a couple weeks. Yay!

Arrrrrrrrrrrgh. I'm still waiting. Dave emailed me this morning, and was expecting to both receive and send out the frame to me today. As of this evening, he still hasn't received it, meaning I won't get the frame until next week, and will then have a day or two wait, at least, for it to be built up. Next week is my first and maybe last vacation for the past and future year. I was soooo looking forward to having this bike to ride. I have a cycling event over Labor Day weekend, and I planned on having this bike with me there since I put my deposit down over one year ago. That still may be possible, but I'd like to be able to ride it a bit before attempting 224 miles without opportunity for tweaking fit.

Soooooooooooo frustrated.

Okay, as soon as I typed that, I got another email from Dave, saying he got the frame and will send it out tomorrow. The UPS driver broke his tooth at lunch and went and got a repair rather than driving around. Maybe UPS will give me a break and do Sat. delivery for free.

At least there's good news. I'm dying to see what it looks like.

I honestly don't know how you've gotten through this wait. You are more patient than me. I can't wait to see it either.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Me too. I keep checking this thread!
    Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us

The Bike has shipped and will be in Boca Raton on Saturday. Depending on when it arrives and how busy my lbs is, I may be riding it later that day. Here are the pics. I can't wait to see it fully built!

I don't think the pearl white or the candy red stripe really showed up in the pics as well as they will in person in the Florida sun. Sooooo excited.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! Stunning.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

It's beautiful!
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse