Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Back Pack for running

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello,

My life situation - for the time being - has me leaving work and running about 3 miles to meet up with my husband and our car. I have a few things that I need to carry from work each day. Has anyone found an ergonomic (is that what it would be?) backpack for running - something comfortable and as stress free on the back, shoulders, and hips as possible?

Thanks!

How much do you need to carry?

I LOVE my Nathan Intensity (smaller) and Synergy (larger but discontinued). They have a new women's vest called the Vapor Shape that comes in two sizes, holds only a 1.5 L water bladder, but claims 6.5 L additional gear capacity besides the bladder space. Looks just as comfortable, but I haven't run in it or even seen one in the flesh (fabric?). I've said before, 2 liters of water in my Intensity vest rides lighter and more bounce-free than 750 ml in my three-bottle belt.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Oakleaf, I am not familiar with those items, but I will look them up and learn about them. Thanks for the information. I do not have to carry much (subjective, I know) - my empty lunch sack (insulated so a bit bulky but lightweight), a water bottle, swipe tag, cell phone, and possibly an extra shirt. Thanks again.

I would highly recommend carrying your water in the integrated bladder, even though it's a little weird then sucking water out of the drink tube when you're not wearing it. Everything will fit better and bounce less.

I would guess that the Intensity vest would hold what you need, depending on how bulky your lunch sack is. Sounds about like what I take when I run to yoga. If your lunch bag won't go inside, it might fit under the external compression cord. If there's an REI or another Nathan dealer near you, you might want to see if you can take a look at the vests before buying.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

The water bottle is something that I carry to / from work - for use at work. I've looked up the Nathan vests online; they're a bit pricier than I thought they'd be, but I do have an REI I can go to and check them out in person - and dividend checks are soon due (I think)! Thanks again for the information.