Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Sometime between May 14-19, depending on air ticket availability. You're welcome to join me at the factory, but looking at your record, I'd hate to tempt you with yet another bike But as long as you keep buying one more than me, I don't feel as guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrakeforPastry View Post
    Sometime between May 14-19, depending on air ticket availability. You're welcome to join me at the factory, but looking at your record, I'd hate to tempt you with yet another bike But as long as you keep buying one more than me, I don't feel as guilty.
    I should be around here then. No, I won't get a bike friday....I like them though.... I've just promised that I will wait a bit before getting another.
    2013 Specialized Myka FSR Comp
    2013 Specialized Ruby Sport (carbon)
    2014 Salsa Vaya 3 (steel)
    2014 Felt Z75

Quote Originally Posted by TrekDianna View Post
    I should be around here then. No, I won't get a bike friday....I like them though.... I've just promised that I will wait a bit before getting another.
    I'm itching to get a Bike Friday myself. So, I almost wanna bet that Trek Dianna is going to get herself a Bike Friday to "commute/do some touring between her 2 homes" within 6 months if she visits the Bike Friday factory.

I can't wait to hear about the two of you's Bike Friday Factory Tour and Test Ride fun!!
    2014 Liv Lust
    2013 Specialized Fate Expert with carbon wheelset (sold)
    2012 Specialized Amira Elite
    2010 Santa Cruz Juliana with R kit and Crampon pedals (sold)

2011 Specialized Ariel Sport,suspension post,Serfas Rx Women's Microfiber saddle (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by TigerMom View Post
    I'm itching to get a Bike Friday myself. So, I almost wanna bet that Trek Dianna is going to get herself a Bike Friday to "commute/do some touring between her 2 homes" within 6 months if she visits the Bike Friday factory.

I can't wait to hear about the two of you's Bike Friday Factory Tour and Test Ride fun!!
    OMG, you kill me. No, my next bike will be a Surly LHT
    2014 Felt Z75

Noob here, just thought I'd offer some insight about my Bike Friday NWT. It's new to me, having bought it a couple of months ago, and I absolutely love it. I haven't taken it on anything longer than 20 miles yet but from my experiences so far it's easily my favorite bike. The build quality and attention to detail is superb. The ride is very spirited and agile. The bike's light weight, geometry and it's 20" wheels make it very stable in a straight line, compliant and smooth despite having a rigid frame with no suspension and it steers effortlessly and quickly. It also has a double chain ring in front and an 8speed cluster in back which provides a wonderfully wide range of gearing for hill climbing and maintaining speed on the flats. I've become a fan of small wheeled bikes over the last couple of years and now ride mostly my folding bikes (I'm a daily year round commuter) and larger wheeled bikes have become so cumbersome feeling to me (a caveat to what may be perceived as a bias).

In short, a Bike Friday isn't just a small wheeled portable bicycle, it's a true touring and commuting bike of high quality.

So I think I'm going to Oregon and trying out a Bike Friday! I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with a consultant and it looks like there may be a Petite Crusoe in my future. I'm looking forward to having a new toy this summer!
    So.... what happened? Did you come out here?
    2014 Felt Z75

No, I didn't. But I ordered the bike! Deciding on the color was the biggest holdup! And then I changed my mind again, after I ordered. Twice. So I'm not really sure what color I'm getting. It's a petite Crusoe with the Shimano Capreo cassette. Everything else should be pretty standard. I was hoping it would get here this week to join me on a road trip, but I'm not even sure it's been built yet. In the meantime (in case you missed my other thread) I bought a Specialized Dolce which is vying for top spot road bike with last year's C'Dale Synapse.

I'd still like to visit Oregon sometime!

No, I didn't. But I ordered the bike! Deciding on the color was the biggest holdup! And then I changed my mind again, after I ordered. Twice. So I'm not really sure what color I'm getting. It's a petite Crusoe with the Shimano Capreo cassette. Everything else should be pretty standard. I was hoping it would get here this week to join me on a road trip, but I'm not even sure it's been built yet. In the meantime (in case you missed my other thread) I bought a Specialized Dolce which is vying for top spot road bike with last year's C'Dale Synapse.

I'd still like to visit Oregon sometime!
    Whew, glad I didn't miss you. I love my Dolce! That's the bike I rode to the top of McKenzie pass a few weeks ago. I can't wait to see the Bike Friday. Let me know if you want to come out here. My house in Central oregon is a biking dream place.
    2014 Felt Z75

How sweet! Thanks. I would have mentioned if I made the trip. Maybe someday!

Oh great, you ordered a Crusoe -- I love mine (though it's not with me at the moment). I too changed colors a few times. Finally ended up with white because I wanted a color (or non-color, as it were) that I'd never had before. Can't wait to see photos when you get it!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow