Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    LOL Lph

I do not have that many changes of workout clothes so I do laundry every other day for the most part.
    Yeah; I used to do laundry pretty frequently because I only had a few of each thing (cycling shorts, jerseys, yoga tops, etc.) But you know how some people hoard shoes or purses? Well, I hoard workout wear. I'm content to wear the same thing to work day after day, week after week, but I prefer more variety with my athletic gear. Plus, it means that I don't need to factor in the time it takes to wash and dry everything when I'm otherwise busy with other stuff. I always get a ton of use out of everything, but I admittedly have more than I really need.

Hi, my name is Indy and I'm addicted to running capris....
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Oh longsleeved top, how can I use thee? Let me count the ways... for running, for skiing, for wearing to work until holes appear, for biking after that, for chopping wood and for wearing at home until hubby complains.

I think 80 % of my wardrobe in actual use is some kind of workout gear. But while I'm not fussy about sports-specific clothing except bike shorts I am incredibly fussy about using the right thing for the right weather and exertion level, so in any given week I can have a dozen garments floating around in a semi-used state as the temperature shifts minutely..
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

it's not the smell I am concerned with. It's what it does to the padding and the lycra in the shorts. I read somewhere that it can really make the material disintegrate much faster. I don't want to lose the compression and the fit any sooner than I have to.
    kajero
    2013 Trek FX 7.6 WSD
    2012 Specialized Ruby WSD
    2004 Schwinn (I think that is the year)

I really think you're OK. I did 5:30 AM spin class at least once a week for years and my shorts were fine in my bag all day.
    Yup, Indy, I have become more like you. I admit I like clothes, but most of my purchases are for athletic type stuff. It's one thing if you just do one sport, but I have collected quite a collection. I used to x country ski in my cycling tops and base layers, but my yearly forays into running have provided me with pocketless thermal tops for winter sports, too. I am a sucker for cool athletic clothes. Finding them in my size is a quest, but thanks to Athleta, I have some nice things for sports besides cycling.
    My regular wardrobe has become more multi functional and mostly black!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport