Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Specialized Jett Expert

It looks like Specialized has discontinued this saddle except the one with the gel. It was so painful finding a saddle I like in the past. Does anyone know what has replaced this saddle?

I, too, mourn the loss of the Jett Expert. As far as I can tell, they've discontinued the "expert" version of all their saddles except the performance-oriented ones (ie, the least padding). Apparently those of us who like a little more padding don't actually care how much it weighs.

I have 2 Jetts from back when they didn't offer two versions (ie, hollow Ti rails and carbon shell), one on my road bike and one as a spare. I also have two "normal" Jetts, neither of which is actually on a bike at the moment (and one of which is in my possession because of a confused eBay seller, I think). I'm not sure there's a huge difference between the Expert and the Comp versions of the saddle except the carbon shell and the Ti rails (so, weight). I haven't actually ridden on either newer Jett yet, though.

Give the gel a shot. If weight is an issue, try a Ruby. I have Muirenn's old Ruby on my CX bike right now (it was the only spare saddle I have in my possession), and it's quite comfortable, even though it's probably toast and a little too wide. In the meantime, I'm snapping up as many of the old Jetts as I can find. Check out the local Specialized dealers too. They might have some lying around.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...