Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arghhh!!!

Arghhh!!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

It's a beautiful afternoon here. But I have to ride on the trainer today. Coach's instructions - must do the Core tape. I know he's right...

All of you who got to enjoy the sun today have my envy.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    It's a beautiful afternoon here. But I have to ride on the trainer today. Coach's instructions - must do the Core tape. I know he's right...
    Who cares about the coach?

Whenever it's sunny, I ride out (or run). I arrange my training schedule accordingly for the next days. Nobody's going to keep me inside.

I have to care for a few reasons. He won't rub my feet if I don't listen to him or take me out when I don't feel like cooking.

Seriously, I really do need to stick to my training plan as much as I can. I never know when a parent is going to waylay me after school just HAVING to talk without setting up an appointment first. Or when another teacher is going to need some help or an ear.

It looks like we're in for a week of pleasant weather though, so if nothing weird happens I will get in some fun rides.

V.

TandemHearts.com

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    I feel for ya, V. As I pedaled away on the trainer this morning, I simply stared at the cerulean (sp?) blue sky and wished I wasn't such a weenie and could ride in the cold (I think it was about 25F at the time...just as the sun was coming up).

So I rode with you in spirit!

Hey Hey, It could be worse. I've been on the trainer for weeks. The high today may make the mid 30's and tomorrow it might not make it to freezing for the high. I envy anyone who can get out and ride. I hate the cold.

Wow. I can't imagine giving up a ride outside for a ride on the trainer - you definitely have more will power than I do! Of course it's possible that your willingness to give up a ride outside is tied to the fact that you have much closer to year-round rideable weather than we do here in the northeast!

--- Denise
    Last edited by DeniseGoldberg; 02-08-2006 at 06:08 AM.
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

I had all the windows open and pretended I was outside.

I also got to ride back to work last night to go to the PTA meeting. I enjoy riding after dark, so that was pleasant.

V.

TandemHearts.com

I've got to go out and change a flat tire on my truck and its Frrrreeezzzzzing.
    Have a ride outside in the warmth for me please and tell me how wonderful it was.

andddddddddddddddddddddddd for My Very Good Friend Surly:

Currently in Albuquerque, NM (87111)
    54°F
    Fair Feels Like
    54°F
    Dew Point: 6°F
    Humidity: 14%
    Pressure: 30.23 inches
    Wind: From the North Northwest at 5 mph
    Local Radar | Map Room
    Today: Abundant sunshine. High around 60F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight: Mainly clear skies. Low 28F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.

there ya go hun!

V: there were so many times I Wished my ex had helped me stick with my convictions, so I completely understand your "coach" reference! There will be other sunny days and other times - especially in your neck of the woods!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Davis, CA
    Today: Abundant sunshine. High around 70F. Winds light and variable.

Hee-hee-hee.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    Davis, CA
    Today: Abundant sunshine. High around 70F. Winds light and variable.

Hee-hee-hee.
    Today: Dubuque, IA. Abundant sunshine. High around 26. Winds 10-15mph.
    And I rode anyway. Outside
    I don't have a coach to tell me to stay inside. Plus I had to get to work somehow so I figured I might as well get in a decent bike ride and have it done for the day. Honestly, if you have the right clothing, once you get going and warmed up, it's great to be outside and on the bike. That sunshine makes such a difference! And that cold air..... very, uh, invigorating!

annie
    Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived." Captain Jean Luc Picard

[QUOTE=CorsairMac]andddddddddddddddddddddddd for My Very Good Friend Surly:

Currently in Albuquerque, NM (87111)
    54°F

there ya go hun!

Thanks Sweetie. I needed that. Just finished another ten on the Trainer beside hubby. We need spring. Riding and getting nowhere fast.

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Boy, I hope you got out today V. Looks like it was a really, really nice day in Cali.

I just talked with my ma and she said it was 85 F there in Arroyo Grande, CA (and 91 in Oceano, which is just south of Pismo Beach). That's ON THE OCEAN. Freaky. I think it got up to about 45 here today. It definitely felt like spring on the mountain.

Yep - got in a nice ride after work. Hill day.

V.

TandemHearts.com

Hey, I just realized what my hill work is between Davis and Winters. It is so flat I can Diablo off to the south about 60 miles. So looking at it must be my hill work.

At least I could see it today. Beautiful, sunny and almost 70 so I could see that nice brown haze collecting down there around the Devil.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.