Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

24 Hours of Booty

To disable ads, please log-in.

Has anyone done this? I seem to remember that there was at least one TE member who planned to make the 2012 Indianapolis date but was unable to at the last minute. I did ride to the location last year to observe and liked what I saw of how it was managed. I am trying to decide if I want to try to start my own team or to join an existing one. I am also aware that I just raised $500 from friends (both local and TE) and co-workers and I need to decide if I can still raise the required $200 without hitting up the same people.

If you have participated in 24 Hours of Booty, what was your experience?

Re: 24 Hours of Booty

I am considering joining a local team called Spokes of Hope for the event. They do quite a lot to raise funds for cancer, I may join them on a longer basis we will see.

I have friends that have done it a few times -- in Atlanta and Indy. Team Collin will be there again this year, some members are planning on doing all the Booty rides. They always have a wonderful time, much joy and sadness rolled into one event.

This will be the second year that it has been in Indy. I am joining forces with a local cycling team with a mission to educate about and raise funds for cancer research and survivors. Spokes of Hope has been around for a few years and there is no pressure to race. Some rides are charity and/or endurance rides, which means there is something for everyone. I think some of the team members do enter in races but that isn't the focus of the team. I had a good time meeting with the president and her husband this afternoon, and they live in riding distance from my apartment!

I will be participating in 24 Hours of Booty Indianapolis this year, with a goal of riding 100 miles in those 24 hours. They don't have to be consecutive I am doing this for my mom, who has thankfully been cancer free now for almost 6 months - yayyyyy!

I can't believe that I just registered for my second charity event in a year. Heck, the first one was last week! Look at me getting all social while still being active!
    Last edited by Catrin; 03-16-2013 at 01:16 PM.