Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

They know something is up

To disable ads, please log-in.

... my animals...

My S.O. has been gone for 10 days and is coming home tomorrow. So, of course, I'm house cleaning. The animals didn't budge when they saw me taking out the vacuum cleaner or doing the wash. I do that all the time. But the minute they saw me dusting, both dogs and both cats were there watching me. They followed me from room to room, never taking their eyes off of me.

LOL They know something is up...

Quote Originally Posted by roadie gal View Post
    ... my animals...

My S.O. has been gone for 10 days and is coming home tomorrow. So, of course, I'm house cleaning. The animals didn't budge when they saw me taking out the vacuum cleaner or doing the wash. I do that all the time. But the minute they saw me dusting, both dogs and both cats were there watching me. They followed me from room to room, never taking their eyes off of me.

LOL They know something is up...
    Animals know us

my cats can tell when its a take them to the vet day, before I even get out of bed on the day.
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Mine can tell when I'm doing laundry for a trip - before the suitcase comes out....
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

I'm not at all surprised your animals are aware. The cues they pick up are amazing.

You think that's bad? We're in the process of our first move in almost 13 years. All 3 of our cats are all like "what the f's up, people?!" We closed on our new house 3 weeks ago and are waiting on the builder/seller to finish a few things before we move. In the meantime we are packing and moving a few boxes here and there. The cats totally know and are sorta freaked -- especially the youngest, who doesn't deal well when we go anywhere for more than a few hours (he pretends he's all badass, but is totally needy) and has only lived here and wherever it was that he lived before we found him (he was maybe 4 months old when we rescued him).
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    You think that's bad? We're in the process of our first move in almost 13 years. All 3 of our cats are all like "what the f's up, people?!" We closed on our new house 3 weeks ago and are waiting on the builder/seller to finish a few things before we move. In the meantime we are packing and moving a few boxes here and there. The cats totally know and are sorta freaked -- especially the youngest, who doesn't deal well when we go anywhere for more than a few hours (he pretends he's all badass, but is totally needy) and has only lived here and wherever it was that he lived before we found him (he was maybe 4 months old when we rescued him).
    Oh yeah, cats don't do change well at all. I've moved with cats a few times. I don't think I saw any of them for the first month after the move. They were under the bed, or behind the TV, or in some other dark corner.

Quote Originally Posted by roadie gal View Post
    Oh yeah, cats don't do change well at all. I've moved with cats a few times. I don't think I saw any of them for the first month after the move. They were under the bed, or behind the TV, or in some other dark corner.
    They are so sweet, but not very smart.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Our oldest cat gets very, very upset when a suitcase comes out. We try to hide them from her as long as possible. The younger one is still oblivious.

2001 Trek 7500 FX, converted to a hauler - Serfas
    200? Marin hybrid - Selle San Marco
    2004 Trek 5200 - Avatar
    2011 Trek 6.2 Madone - Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Norse View Post
    Our oldest cat gets very, very upset when a suitcase comes out. We try to hide them from her as long as possible. The younger one is still oblivious.
    In our house it's the youngest cat who is beside himself when we leave, even if just for the better part of a day. None of our other cats could give a rip, as long as we leave them food. When we return the youngest one runs "happy laps" around the house in celebration. He's a character!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

My dogs always know when Monday rolls around. Our morning chores are the same as on the weekend (after all, everyone still gets fed!) but there must be something about the preparation of lunches that cues them. Or maybe they sense that dark cloud over our heads as we get ready...