Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

March/April Weight Management Challenge

To disable ads, please log-in.

Next two months of our weight management challenge!

Let me know
    (1) if you want to join in
    (2) what your weight is on Friday the 8th of March (or whatever day works best for you)
    (3) what your goal weight is for the 5th of May - if you want to, if you don't want to set a goal like that, then no worries.

I'll post the link to the chart before the end of next week.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

I just came to post a motivational video:

I am in again, I find this thread so helpful in keeping me aware of trends in my weight. It is so easy to be so busy and lose sight of that - and thank you for all of your work in keeping this going over the years! I will "weigh in" Saturday morning, but my goal will probably be 123 pounds.

106.4 this morning.
    I am in, for a goal weight (again) of 104.
    Since I've gone back to my more Mediterranean style of eating this week, I've lost 2.5 pounds.
    I know my weight loss goal is minuscule, but reporting here keeps me accountable and aware.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Definitely in for another round. I weighed 122 this morning, which is up not quite two from the end of the last challenge. It's been a difficult week with very little exercise and a fair amount of stress eating, so I'm hoping for a fresh start on Monday. I'm thinking that if my weight is always going to fluctuate within a two or three pound range, I would like 120 to be the upper end of the range. I am therefore aiming for 117. That's a nice round goal of five pounds for this challenge.

Re: March/April Weight Management Challenge

My official weigh in is 126.4 and I would like to be 123 by the end of May. That is a very small change but this really helos me with accountability.

I was surprisingly down today, at 107. I would be thrilled with 105 at the end of the challenge, which is back to my maintenance weight. Heck, I am not that unhappy at 107.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

Love the video!

I'm in for the next two months, and officially restarted a diet after two months of maintaining a 26-pound loss after my last round of restricting calories. I need to lose 20-25 more pounds asap to get the weight off my damaged ankle.

This morning I was 152.2! Finally, some movement. Goal for the end of this period: 138.0. Yes, I know that's extreme, but I'm dong "emergency surgery" here, and am working with a naturopathic doctor that got me to my goal last time feeling good, and staying healthy.
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

Congrats, goldfinch -- that's great!

I am not doing the challenge this time since I'll be traveling for the next two months and away from a scale for much of that time but did want to report that this morning, not on purpose at all, I was at my lowest weight in 1.5 years -- back to my "arriving in Belize weight" of 103.5. We've had a ton of stress in this past week dealing with packing, moving, paperwork for closing, and travel plans, and despite sticking with my normal eating and exercise schedule, the weight has fallen off -- all due to stress!

Interestingly, my body is very different since the last time I was at this weight. Although my arms/shoulders/legs are quite strong from yoga and cycling, my abs and waist are flabby. I attribute this mostly to hormonal changes. When we moved down here a little over 18 months ago, I was still having fairly regular periods though was certainly going through peri-menopausal changes. Now I have not had a period since early December, so am definitely getting close to true menopause.

Good luck with the challenge, everyone! I will probably sign up for the next one as we should be in Kansas City in mid-May and into a more stable pattern.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I would like to try joining this challenge again. I posted on here YEARS ago, and in the middle of that challenge I broke my collar bone trying to dodge a kitten. That kind of took the wind out of my sails... I have lurked on this site and enjoy reading your posts so I am going to try to be more active.

It is crazy to think I am still trying to lose the same 5 pounds I was back then. Except I'm older (53) and perimenopausal now...

My starting weight is 143.5. I would like to get to 135-38. Half a pound a week is pretty good for me, so my goal would be to see ANY number that starts with 13X.X on my scale! So for this 2 month challenge I'll state my goal at 139.

Thanks from the "new kid".
    Last edited by KerryCrow; 03-09-2013 at 04:10 AM.
    2013 Gunnar Sport
    2008 Rivendell Atlantis
    2006 Orbea Onix

I'm going to join back in for this challenge. I have not been getting enough exercise this winter and have lost muscle, especially in my legs, plus I've gained a several pounds of fat. I've been really busy at work, so for several months have either been working overtime or too tired/cranky to get off the couch and face the cold weather. I've managed to get to the gym twice a week for weight training but have not gotten nearly enough cardio.

But it all ends now. We finally have some warmer weather this weekend. I'm on my way out to run errands and this evening I'm going to go for a walk around the neighborhood. Then tomorrow I will go for a bike ride to start to build the leg muscles back up.

I'm doing a 48-mile charity ride on April 27 so that is my current training target. I weighed 144 this morning and my goal weight is 141. Basically I'm looking to lose more than 3 pounds of fat while gaining muscle along the way.

Thanks again to Possegal for all your help with this!!

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Okay, I went for a walk on Saturday night after running errands. And while running errands I was really hungry but I walked right past the really good pizza place and went for low-fat frozen yogurt blended with real fruit instead. On Sunday I did my 2-hour bike ride. By Monday I had gained 2 lbs over Friday's weight and I'm only down .5 lbs since then. Monday I did weight training with a bit of walking (15 minutes treadmill plus 20 minutes to/from the gym). Last night I went shopping for bike shoes.

I am so tired right now after yet another long day at work and I just want to curl up in my snuggy but instead I will put the bike on the trainer and ride it. I need to test out my new shoes and cleats anyway.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

125.2 - back in the right direction

^ nice, Catrin!

I, too, am moving in the right direction, though I'm up .8 from yesterday. 148.8. Yay!
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

Re: March/April Weight Management Challenge

For the longest time I couldnt seem to stay below 130, now 125 is the barrier. I will take it