Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

And this is my lowest weight of the week.
    I can't figure out what's going on, but I think it's more related to exercise than food. I've backed off the total Paleo, and am back to eating mostly Mediterranean, but really not much different from what I've always done. When I analyze it, last year at this time, I was running, riding, and going to boot camp. Right now, I'm going to boot camp, still riding indoors a bit, walking, and just finished the nordic ski season. I am hoping to get out on my bike in the next week. My body is also going through some kind of rebellion since recovering from bronchitis, I am just not 100% right, and I'm having some of the weird, annoying fibro symptoms. I ignore that, but it started after a 5 day period of really strenuous workouts in a row. It's not each specific thing, it's more the combination of stuff and intensity. This always happens after I've been sick. So, I've backed off a little.
    Onward, though. Going to stay overnight in Boston tonight, for our theatre evening. This includes Italian food at a very nice place and going to the MFA tomorrow. I am bringing my gym clothes for the hotel gym and plan to do lots of walking this afternoon, when we get there.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

123, so up a pound. This has been another lost week of running around doing everything for everyone and very little that is on my own agenda. For instance, I am precisely one week further behind in my work than I was last Friday. The only exercise I have managed is a short bike ride yesterday. Maybe next week...

146.2. Up 2, with more exercise and less food than last week. And I've been really hungry all week long.

I've also been really tired for most of the week and still in a general state of anger and frustration at work. I'm sure that it not helping anything. Yesterday I snapped after getting yet another email from the new manager asking when I would finish the latest pile of work that is burying me, and I told him I was well past the point of being overwhelmed, was finding stupid mistakes that I needed to work on fixing, and had no idea when anything would be finished.

This weekend my parents are visiting which means restaurant food, no exercise and sleeping on an air mattress on the cold floor. Luckily they really like the Silver Diner which has a decent selection of healthy meals.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I am on a birding trip with my sister and eating too much. Last week I was 107. Today 111. Not good.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

I was 124 this morning! Yippeee! That probably won't last but I just had to report it

March/April Weight Management Challenge

143 was my weigh in this week...
    2013 Gunnar Sport
    2008 Rivendell Atlantis
    2006 Orbea Onix

Well I'm finding this thread late, but I"m gonna join you gals anyway, the motivation and support would be a good thing...

Today I'm 142/143... my best ever training weight was 120... so I hope to break 140 by the end of March... and 130 by the start of May.

I swear each major injury I get it's 10lbs up. So here's to staying healthy!

EDIT/ADD: p.s lost 5lbs already since end of February
    Last edited by Miranda; 03-17-2013 at 07:49 AM.

123 this morning. The last two weeks have been dreadful. I'm hoping things will return to normal soon so that I can get back into a rhythm. Yesterday and today were better, so I think there's hope.

I will weigh in tomorrow. I forgot this morning and then weighed myself at a much later time, after eating breakfast. Should not have done that. Number was scarily high for me.
    Good thing is, I lost my appetite after that.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Between a heavier workout week than normal AND my batteries are low in my scales (can't seem to get the silly battery out), I am skipping my weigh-in this week. I won't be happy if I have to replace the entire scale because I can't get the battery out... The battery is completely surrounded and nothing appears to move to enable it to be switched

All I have to say is after almost two weeks on US soil, I am very glad I'm not doing the challenge this time! We've been walking and hiking a LOT, but eating more than enough to maintain, and without bikes, yoga, weights, etc., I am quite sure I have put on a few lbs. Our scale is still safely packed away, which is probably for the best!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

145.2 Yay!!!!!!!!! I haven't seen 145 in years. Now, gotta get to the 130s......
    2013 Kirk Frameworks JK Special/Selle Anatomica
    2012 Gunnar Sport/Brooks B17
    2001 Calfee Tetra Pro/Selle Anatomica
    1984 Raleigh Sport/Brooks B66

I weighed 108.2 this morning. So, I gained 2 pounds from last week.
    Now my weekend weight is my regular weight. I seriously am not sure what is going on. I can't eat much less, but I can exercise harder, though not necessarily more. I do seem to go through this every winter. I feel like my body is going through something. Eventually, it will work itself out. I want to keep on with the challenge, just because weighing in every week keeps me accountable.
    I think I need to ride my bike!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    I weigh myself every 1-2 wks. or less often.

And sometimes I don't fully trust the scale. I'm sure it's off....I haven't gained hardly any weight this winter. Hard to believe when I haven't been cycling tons this winter. Just little short trips to do stuff or get around to a destination. Maybe one loses a few extra calories when it gets very cold...
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I weighed 108.2 this morning. So, I gained 2 pounds from last week.
    Now my weekend weight is my regular weight. I seriously am not sure what is going on. I can't eat much less, but I can exercise harder, though not necessarily more. I do seem to go through this every winter. I feel like my body is going through something. Eventually, it will work itself out. I want to keep on with the challenge, just because weighing in every week keeps me accountable.
    I think I need to ride my bike!
    I am with you on that last thought, Crankin! Barry dug out our scale out from deep in one of our suitcases today. I held my nose and weighed in before breakfast -- 106.5. Considering I was 103.5 just a couple of weeks ago, I'm not thrilled. We've been taking long, long walks and hikes, but our bikes are in NC, where we won't be until next month. And of course we've been enjoying all the delicious foods and beverages we couldn't get in Belize.

In my case, I think I am just going to have to be very diligent now that I am going through menopause. My mom gained a LOT of weight around this time of life, going from thin to fat in just a few short years, and I am determined NOT to follow in her footsteps. She was never an exerciser and quit smoking around the same time too, so I know that her fate is not necessarily mine, but I still have to be careful. It's certainly genetically predisposed in my family to gain weight in mid-life.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow