Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Terry Bella's and Breakaway shorts

To disable ads, please log-in.

I recently got Terry's new catalog. I saw they have Breakaway shorts with no silicone leg grippers. About a month or so ago, I got the Terry Bella's short and I love it. The wings I really like. No issues whatsoever that I've had with my other shorts. The sizing is just about right. A little long for my short legs (the short version is just too short, otherwise I'll have sausage legs). The leg grippers is eh. I do have very slight "dent" in my legs with the grippers. Its like I have large legs but small belly and waist.

Looking at the breakaway shorts, no leg grippers, good price. The only issue I see is in the catalog it shows it has Flex Air Chamois, but on website shows Comfort chamois. Looking at the picture of where the stitchings is, it looks to be more comfort chamois. Never had Terry shorts with comfort chamois, so I can't tell.

What I like - slightly shorter than the Bella's, no leg grippers, everything else seems the same. The fabric is different (not too picky though), its still compression.

Anyone tried both and are they comparably similar? I have several centuries coming up, so I'm looking for another shorts.

What about the Touring shorts with T-dry fabric? How do they compare with the Bella's? (No silicone gripper, just woven leg gripper..whatever that means. LOL)

The chamois in the other Terry shorts is not as comfortable for me as the one in the Bellas. I have a couple of liners and casual riding shorts with the Flex Air, and I would not want to ride long distances in them. It's OK, but something is off, as compared to the Bellas.
    I have short legs that are a bit bigger than the rest of me, too, but the Bellas are still the best all around shorts for me, except for when it's really hot out. I have a few pairs of Sugoi RS shorts, too, but I think they are less flattering. The chamois alternatively annoys me or is just fine, as it seems as if each pair has a slightly different chamois.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    The chamois in the other Terry shorts is not as comfortable for me as the one in the Bellas. I have a couple of liners and casual riding shorts with the Flex Air, and I would not want to ride long distances in them. It's OK, but something is off, as compared to the Bellas.
    I have short legs that are a bit bigger than the rest of me, too, but the Bellas are still the best all around shorts for me, except for when it's really hot out. I have a few pairs of Sugoi RS shorts, too, but I think they are less flattering. The chamois alternatively annoys me or is just fine, as it seems as if each pair has a slightly different chamois.

Slightly confused...you said that the flex air chamois is not as comfortable, and won't ride long distances, but you prefer the Bellas. The Bellas has Flex Air, the others has Comfort chamois. I probably will buy both and return one.

Sorry, it's the comfort chamois that's not contoured the way I prefer. It's the seems and the width in the contour that I don't like.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport