Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Shorts, again.

Shorts, again.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Two of my six pairs have bitten the dust (they're no longer comfortable for sub-20-mile rides, when I used to be able to do 40+ with them), and one of the remaining 4 hasn't been comfortable since the bike's been fitted. Time for new shorts!

Here's what I have/had: 2 pairs of Sugoi Evolution (orange chamois), 2 pairs of Pearl Izumi Elite shorts, 1 pair Primal Wear Primas, 1 pair Castelli Vizio.1 (which I don't like).

Here's what I'm looking at:
    More Pearl Izumi shorts (because I know they work, and because I want a pair of knickers and will be ordering anyway). On the other hand, I want a bit of variety.
    New Sugoi Evolutions. I'm a little anxious about trying them because the chamois looks like it might be a bit much for me...and they're radically different shorts from the ones I have.
    Louis Garneau Neo Power. Spendy, but they look good, and the chamois...swoon.
    The new Performance Elite and Ultra shorts actually look pretty good. They seem to have changed the chamois, so I'm considering.

Any input? Or suggestions for others that I haven't considered.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I like the Neo Power shorts. Before that I was very happy with the Shebeest Century shorts, and they're available again now.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I think your fears about the Evolutions are well founded. I like the short a lot but the chamois is fairly substantial. Maybe try the RS is you otherwise like Sugoi?
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher