I have been drooling over a Soma Buena Vista mixte for a couple of years now. I really wanted an excuse to build one up as a commuter/around-town bike. Now that we actually live in town and my commute is a whopping 5 miles, I felt justified in buying one. My husband ordered the frame for me as an early anniversary present. It arrived a couple of days ago and I love it. I can't wait to ride it!

Here is the kicker. I have zero desire to build it up myself.

I'm good with mechanical things (I'm an engineer by education) and I love beautiful bikes and researching and shopping for parts. I just have no interest in actually putting it together. I'd be happy with buying all the parts and then having someone I trust (and no, I don't have anyone picked out) build it for me. The problem is that I don't have the money for that. I can't sell my existing bike because I'll need it to ride until this one is complete and we are currently paying for two mortgages, so there isn't a lot of extra money laying around. As it is, I'm collecting the parts in stages to keep the costs down.

Any ideas on how to motivate myself to just build it? My husband has all the tools I'll need (and the knowledge to assist me), but he won't do it for me. He wants me to do it. He seems to think that once I start working on it, I'll get into it. I'm fairly certain that he's wrong (it's never worked before) so I'm hoping for other ideas that might get me going.