Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salt

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey Oak, what about Osmo PreLoad Hydration? I ran across it during my research about their Active Hydration mix. Looks like it's very high in sodium....1620 mg per scoop!

Wow, that is high!

If I remember to drink salty drinks when I'm not running/riding, then I don't have a problem. So I'm fine with what remains of my discontinued Zenergize Hydrate or my new Skratch Labs. It's just I can't drink too much plain water to rehydrate after my workouts, or at yoga class (where I sweat like a faucet). I was curious about Osmo from the other thread ... if I find somewhere that has it I'll probably give it a try.

Preloading worked well for me before my run yesterday, actually. My last long run before tapering, and I was trying to simulate race day nutrition as much as possible, so I didn't put any electrolyte mix in my hydration bladder. Plenty before, plenty after, a little bit in my gels, a couple of Endurolytes capsules which don't have a lot of sodium, and I was/am fine.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler