Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Sidi Road Shoes

Sidi Road Shoes

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can identify these Sidi shoes I found on Ebay. I'm considering buying them but want to know more. Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-10susan1658_zps87ca551f.jpg 
Views:	586 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	16028

Do you have any other pictures? My initial guess is that they're Sidi Genius 4s or Genius 5s, with a slight nod towards Genius 5 because of the graphic on the heel counter. I'd need to see the soles and the other end of the strap with the micro adjust buckle to decide which model they are.

I've had both models, and really liked them. I liked the Genius 5s more because the other end of strap with the micro adjust buckle allows you to move the strap side to side. This allows for better alignment of the pad over the top of your foot, especially if your arches are either very high or very low.

Thanks for the quick reply. Here are more pictures:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-10susan1620_zps6fc0dd72.jpg 
Views:	2024 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	16037Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-10susan1638_zpsbafe12da.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	16038Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-10susan1651_zps1a7a53e1.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	16039Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	16040

On the left shoe, the heel pad is missing. Is the purpose of the pad just for walking? Would it be wise to replace it or can I leave it as is. Also, these shoes are compatible with the Look style cleats, right? I've read that Look is better than SPD for road cycling because of the larger platform.
    Last edited by greenharbour; 02-21-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Yes, the heel plate can be replaced but the screw is recessed and may be difficult to remove. A shop may be able to do it for you. Did you notice that the buckles are different on the shoes? I believe the buckle on the left shoe is the older style buckle.

I went ahead and bought them, because they were such a good deal. Hmm, I didn't notice the difference in buckles though. Thanks for pointing that out. Is the heel plate necessary to replace?

After seeing the additional pics, I'm pretty sure that those are 4s. They did away with the cleat adapter plates on the 5s.

I would definitely replace the heel pad. They're cheap (~$15?), and they'll make things safer when you put a foot down or have to walk.

Thanks for the responses! I appreciate your kindness. Happy riding!