Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

What a scary experience! Best wishes for recovery -- I'm so glad your injuries weren't any worse.

People ca be terrible.

They have been doing this fishing line trick on the river trails in Los Angeles/Orange county to steal people's bikes/wallets.

Very horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerMom View Post
    They have been doing this fishing line trick on the river trails in Los Angeles/Orange county to steal people's bikes/wallets.
    Wow, no kidding. I hate hearing that this is going on in so many places! I am almost positive that it was an isolated incident here as I can't even tell you how many times we've ridden on this section of trail without incident. There was no one there who saw it happen or who the unlucky victim was as far as I could tell. You can hear people in the bushes here, and nothing rustled. We hung out for awhile there afterwards just in case, and letting me compose myself.

Fortunately my injuries were minor and are well on the road to healing. The scrape on my knee looks much worse than it feels -- it hurt a lot the first two days but is now painless so long as I don't bump it (OW!)

I would ride there again b/c there is only one short section where doing this would be a possibility -- in most parts of the trail, there are no trees on either side to tie anything to. I would just go r e a l l y slowly!

Oh, and as for the neighbors thing, we ran into them today outside the building (despite our best efforts to avoid them!) and had a friendly conversation. They didn't even mention the beach house thing, so perhaps it will just slip through the cracks. I've already decided to tell them that we have too much going on with the move to go up there, but thanks very much for their invitation. And that's not totally untrue -- our real estate agent is always calling needing this or that bit of information, and we are busy making reservations and plans for our return. Soon we'll be packing and taking donations to various places, so we really are going to be busy.

Thanks everyone -- your support has been overwhelming. Just reinforces my feelings that TE is the best of the 'net!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I'm so sorry Emily, this is terrible. Yes, karma will eventually catch up with the offenders.

I posted on the weight management thread, but I wanted to follow up here as well.

We rode along the same path where this happened yesterday afternoon, and all went fine. I was verrrrry nervous riding along that particular stretch, but we went slowly, and DH went first and held up a hand just in case. Once we got past the "danger zone", we had a fantastic ride. And with a tailwind all the way home, we were all smiles!

My injuries have all healed except for a scab on my knee. I'm even planning to go back to yoga tomorrow morning.

Thanks again for all the support, ladies. You're the best!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Excellent!

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl