Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Ordered Mavic Rush Mtb Shoes

To disable ads, please log-in.

They are on sale at Performance, so I ordered two sizes and will give them a try. I have never ordered a men's shoe so this will be interesting. I will let you know how they work out in ten days!
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1
    Bacchetta Cafe Mountain Bent

I'd be interested to know what you think. I tried on the road shoes (same last) and they were amazingly comfortable, save a slightly too-wide heel.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Yes, they do run large and I think this is why they have some really small men's sizes. I ordered a size 6.0 and a 6.5 just to cover the bases. I hope they work as they were only $99.
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1

AWESOME shoe great fit not wide at all. Size 6 works for me! I typically take a 40 womens.
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    You mean size 6 mens, so size 8 womens?

All these numbers are confusing. I guess a 40 womens would be a lot bigger than a size 6 womens if I'm a size 43.5 and have monster feet.
    The Mavic Rush is a men's shoe so size 6.
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1

I want to say that the ones I tried on were a 7 or 7.5. My Specialized shoes are a 41.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

My Specialized Carbon Pros are a 39.5 and 40 in Sidis. The Men's Mavic Rush I have is a 38 2/3. TE Rush runs large, that's why they carry such small sizes.

I suggest if you order these order a couple of sizes and return one. I am lucky, there is a Performance brick and mortar store here so I don't have to ship the return.
    Last edited by itself; 02-28-2013 at 04:10 AM.
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1

I just took my first ride with these shoes. They are so darn comfortable. Nice and stiff, a very grippy sole, and a well padded tongue. The toe box is nice and wide but not too much so. They mold to your feet without feeling like a narrow Italian cycling shoe. As much as I love my Specialized carbon pros, these are much more comfy.
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1

That sounds promising! I'm considering the Giro Sicas but your quick review sums up what I'm looking for in a shoe. Looking forward to see how you feel about them after a few more rides.

Been out on more rides and I LOVE these shoes! It's the first shoe I can cinch down without getting numb feet (I ride recumbent). The shoe forms to the foot without feeling narrow like a Italian cycling shoe. The well padded tongue is divine, and a big miss on my expensive specialized carbon pro shoes. The toe box is wide but not excessively. The ratchet system is the best I have had to date.

When the Mavic carbon men's mtn bike shoes drop in price I will definitely grab a pair.
    Lisa

Bacchetta Ti Aero
    ICE B1