Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Had my carpal tunnel release yesterday....

To disable ads, please log-in.

I had my mini-incision CTR on my right hand done yesterday. It's pretty sore and achy and is tightly bandaged right now, but other than that it went pretty well. I had just a "local" (nerve block) and never felt a thing during the procedure. But the nerve block...well, that was a different story. Huge needle and it was extremely painful (doc warned me that it would be). Luckily, I only had to endure that pain for a few short minutes...felt nothing after that. Stitches come out in 8 days. Then I get to do it all over again in 2 weeks for my left hand...oh joy! :/

Linda
    2012 Seven Axiom SL - Specialized Ruby SL 155

Linda - glad to hear you've taken the first steps to taking care of this. Wishing you a very quick healing time and may the second nerve block be less painful than the first!

I hope you get some relief from this, Linda! Keep us updated on your progress!
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Good that you are getting this taken care of, but those needles!!

I sympathize. I hate needles.
    Agreed!
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

Heal quick!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Well...it's been 1 week since my CTR surgery...stitches are supposed to come out tomorrow. On Sunday, I decided to re-wrap my hand in a fresh bandage because the one I had on from the day of surgery was getting rather gross and I couldn't stand it anymore. Upon removing the bandage and gauze...this is what I saw:

Eeeks! Not a pretty sight. I sure hope it's healing on par with where it should be at this point. It's still pretty painful. My left hand gets done a week from today. I hope I'm not rendered "hand-less"...really need my right hand to be more functional by next Tuesday.
    Last edited by nscrbug; 02-12-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Hey, it looks just fine. Nice and green where the bruises are fading.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

What Goldfinch said, it looks pretty good a week afterwards! Hoping the pain eases for you soon.

I'm relieved to hear that it looks okay. I wasn't sure how it was supposed to look after 1 week, so I was curious to get opinions. Gosh, it's amazing how we take for granted being able to do relatively simple and mundane tasks...such as cutting up an apple! I'm sitting at my desk at work right now, struggling to cut this dang apple. I feel so helpless...and I dare not try and handle a knife with my left hand as that would be a recipe for disaster. LOL

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Quote Originally Posted by nscrbug View Post
    I'm relieved to hear that it looks okay. I wasn't sure how it was supposed to look after 1 week, so I was curious to get opinions. Gosh, it's amazing how we take for granted being able to do relatively simple and mundane tasks...such as cutting up an apple! I'm sitting at my desk at work right now, struggling to cut this dang apple. I feel so helpless...and I dare not try and handle a knife with my left hand as that would be a recipe for disaster. LOL
    This would probably be a good time to forgo the knife altogether and just bite the apple!