Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: 650b wheelset

650b wheelset

To disable ads, please log-in.

I saw some of you have roadbikes set up with 650b wheels. I'm thinkig about trying this too, but couldn't find a wheelset. DTswiss did come out with a 650b wheelset for mountainbikes, but I'm searching for something that would fit a roadbike, if possible not too expensive because I have to leave it outside sometimes. Do you have any suggestions?

You could try looking for a 650 rim and having it built up for you. The Mavic open pro is a great rim and a quick google search shows some already built up for about $350 per pair.
    2011 Cannondale CAADX 105
    2012 Jamis Dragon 29er
    2012 Jamis Xenith Endura Comp

Thanks for the tip I'll look into it.

Are you talking about putting them on a frameset you already own? Be aware that you may need to replace the brake calipers to reach the smaller rims.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Yes, I'm thinking about converting my Soma Buena Vista to 650b wheels in order to be able to use wider tyres in winter and to maybe get rid of some toe overlap issues. I'm aware that I'd need a new long reach brake - maybe a good time to switch to center-pull brakes in the back.
    I'm just not sure if it's worth the money or if I should just stick with my current setup.