Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by WindingRoad View Post
    Awesome to hear that Indy :-) Especially since I've been a little self conscious lately. I was getting worried I was doing something all wrong. Maybe I should just not even weigh myself. It drives me nuts and makes me crazy trying to figure it all out, lol. I can tell my clothes are fitting better and that's gonna have to be good enough because my scale hates me ;-)
    It isn't a bad idea to take a break from the scales, many do. It gets so easy to focus on that number even though it doesn't give the whole story. What matters is our body composition and THAT it can't tell us. It sounds to me like you have dialed in what works for your body - it isn't easy to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time and that is what you are doing from the sounds of it WTG!

Yeah; I've been a little frustrated myself with the scale of late. I don't want to absolve myself of all responsbility for this because I do have a really bad sweet tooth, but my thyroid condition has not made it easy to keep a check on my weight. When the hyperactivity has been uncontrolled, I've lost a few pounds but my appetite has also increased....such that when I get the thyroid back under control with medication, my weight has crept up because I haven't simultaneously controlled my appetite. Plus, it's been challenging not to overmedicate, as I have to keep adjusting my doseage downward.

So, I have about five pounds I arguably need to lose. I'm working out six days a week on average and do a fair amount of resistance work, so that part of the equation is good, but the rest of it is frustrating. I'm trying to focus on the positive, too, though. There have been times in this process that I didn't have the energy to work out nearly never day. I wasn't sleeping well and I lost some muscle strength (Graves Disease can weaken muscle), so the fact that I'm working out consistently, sleeping through the night most nights, upping my weights and generally feeling a lot more energetic is great.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Indy sorry so late to respond on this, crazy schedule here. I can only imagine how hard it is with Grave's. I have a hard enough time with not having GD getting motivated to get out and do what I need to do. I've seen several patients with Grave's Disease in our clinic and they are not nearly as motivated as you to treat themselves properly. You are an inspiration so you know.

Thank you, WR. That's a very kind thing to say. I have to admit that as GD gies, I have it easy. My case has been mild compared to many. It's more that it messes with my head. Add in perimenopause, and "normal" becomes a moving target.

I have been watching my diet a bit more and have dropped a few pounds, so that's good. I have to really watch it though. When I get hungry, I turn into a crazy person. So, I have to make sure I have a healthy snack within easy reach.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher