Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Mavic Shoes?

Mavic Shoes?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anyone have experience with Mavic shoes? My new race team gets a pretty awesome deal on Mavic products and my Sidi Dominators could stand to be replaced. I have to admit the crazy bright yellow shoes are kind of fun in a "whoa that is obnoxiously awesome" way since they really don't match anything and are just eye catching. It appears they are the shoes Georgia Gould trusts, just wondering if anyone has tried them? I have narrow feet so I have always been limited to mostly Sidi, I am thinking since Mavic is a European brand they might be narrow.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I've only ever tried on the men's shoes (because we didn't get the women's version at work ). The men's seem to run relatively narrow--the only place that seemed wide to me is the heel and I have narrow-end-of-B feet and a narrow heel. One of the managers said that she thinks they run somewhere between a normal men's and a normal women's shoe, sizing-wise. I tried the Avenirs (road shoes, but I think the MTB version uses the same last), and they were very comfortable. I think if I were to get the women's version of these, they'd probably be okay.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I love my Mavic Scorpio shoes - and they do run narrow (don't Sidi's as well?). The Scorpio is a mtb shoe, after my experience with their mtb shoes I would likely get their road shoes if I were in the market.

Good to know they seem narrow and yes Sidi is a narrow shoe which is why I have stuck with them. My first mountain bike shoes were Specialized and they had a wide heel and toe box, they blistered my feet with all the slipping. I talked to the local Specialized rep and he said only the S-Works are narrow. I will see if I can find some Mavics to try on, not sure the shop stocks the high end in women's. I like that they have a beefy sole, the Sidis have barely a step above road and it isn't too comfortable if you have to hike-a-bike. I am looking at the mountain bike shoes (Fury), I don't think I will ever wear out my Sidi road shoes.
    Amanda

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I had the yellows and loved them! I now have a pair of white ones. and Mavic has a great warranty- one of the straps on my yellow broke and they had the bike shop swap them out (hence I now have white ones b/c they didn't have yellow in my size and I didn't want to wait to get them shipped in).

I have ridden in specialized, DMT and Shimano and I am really happy with my Mavics.

I had the yellows and loved them! I now have a pair of white ones. and Mavic has a great warranty- one of the straps on my yellow broke and they had the bike shop swap them out (hence I now have white ones b/c they didn't have yellow in my size and I didn't want to wait to get them shipped in).

I have ridden in specialized, DMT and Shimano and I am really happy with my Mavics.

Emily - Are yours womens? Looks like the high end mountain bike shoes only come in men's.
    Amanda