Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Opinions on lens colors for presciption glasses

I've got wrap around ray ban sunglasses that I mostly use for road riding. I need something for mountain biking (in the woods) and road riding when it's not bright outside. I haven't decided on clear or possibly yellow and wanted some opinions. I've heard yellow is really good when it's dusky, true?

Right now I wear my regular glasses when I MTB, but they suck at keeping debris out. I have a lot of problem with dappled sunlight when I'm riding in the woods and wondered if the yellow would help with that or if that's just something I'm going to have to learn to live with.
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

I like orange for mountain biking because it enhances contrast and brightens. Pink is a close second. Yellow, for me, makes colors too distorted, which is kinda disconcerting. My favorite lenses are Tifosi's "Backcountry Orange" photochromatics- they shift from orange to brown and work great for mountain biking. Clear lenses are reserved for really cloudy days or at night.

Re: Opinions on lens colors for presciption glasses

Orange sounds like a winner to me. Have a favorite online retailer? I just got a new prescription from the eye doc.
    2013 Electra Verse

I like Tifosi glasses, which are available through many retailers. Some of my usual online shopping haunts are Jenson USA, Universal Cycles, REI, and of course Team Estrogen.

It looks like Tifosi has some styles that are Rx-compatiable: http://www.tifosioptics.com/products...arch&niche=RX/. I don't have any first-hand experience since I wear contacts for sports.

Re: Opinions on lens colors for presciption glasses

Gotcha, thanks for the link!
    2013 Electra Verse