Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Specialized Toupe/Ruby

To disable ads, please log-in.

What's the difference, besides marketing? They look like very similar saddles to me.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I've actually got your old Ruby on my cross bike right now (it was the only saddle that wasn't the stock saddle that I had in my possession at the time). It seems like the cutout on the Jett is deeper, but that could be my imagination. But their profiles (Ruby/Toupe) online look really similar, so I might pick one up and give it a try, since I'm planning on doing some saddle shopping (finding what I want on eBay isn't always easy) when I'm at home. The Ruby/Toupe might be better for me than the Jett, save the extra width from yours (I can definitely tell there!), but it might be in part because the bike fits me better.

And I think the Oura looks promising for the next road bike, actually.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Owlie and Murienn, since you've both mentioned having experience with the Toupe and/or Ruby, are they both pretty similar other than marketing and the plastic pieces on the Toupe? I wanted to get the Ruby but my shop has to special order it from Specialized and it might take a while. Just wondering if the Toupe feels similar to the Ruby if I were to get that instead. Thanks!