Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thank you gift ideas

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am collecting donations for my May Tour de Cure ride. A few friends have contributed over $20 and I would like to give them a little thank you gift (around $5). Any ideas?

L
    L

2011 Giant Cypress ST W
    2012 Giant Avail Inspire

If I were you I would keep it very small and inexpensive. People donate because they really want to contribute, not get something of value back :-)

I would be surprised and happy to receive maybe an attractive card saying something about the ride, or just a single piece of quality chocolate with a personalized wrapper.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    If I were you I would keep it very small and inexpensive. People donate because they really want to contribute, not get something of value back :-)

I would be surprised and happy to receive maybe an attractive card saying something about the ride, or just a single piece of quality chocolate with a personalized wrapper.
    I agree. I think a personal note of thanks would be more than enough thanks. I have given to many of my friends' causes over the years and have never wanted anything in return. I did get a lovely note from one and another sent a thank you in the form of a photo (of her at the event) card. That's a nice touch.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I was going to say a photo collage card from the event would be nice.

We've traditionally done cookies as thank you's for donations from local people. Worked where we were getting lots of contributions from people at work/other places that were easy to deliver to. One year, I did a thank you breakfast for folks who donated in my office. Just depends on the context as to what's appropriate!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

I agree with you.