Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Mum got a bike!

Mum got a bike!

To disable ads, please log-in.

So mum got a free bike today... a relative recently upgraded to a new bike and offered mum the one she was riding until now. To sweeten the deal (it was already free though!) they threw in a headlight, a rear led light, a bike rack, helmet, and paid for her fitting. Crazy stuff! Mum's stoked, though, and I can't blame her.
    It's a GT Aggressor 7000 mountain bike, but aside from that, I know nothing about it! Google brought up a whopping three pages of private sales ads, and that was it... But she wants to know more, so I'm coming to you lot! Know anything about this bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Swan View Post
    So mum got a free bike today... a relative recently upgraded to a new bike and offered mum the one she was riding until now. To sweeten the deal (it was already free though!) they threw in a headlight, a rear led light, a bike rack, helmet, and paid for her fitting. Crazy stuff! Mum's stoked, though, and I can't blame her.
    It's a GT Aggressor 7000 mountain bike, but aside from that, I know nothing about it! Google brought up a whopping three pages of private sales ads, and that was it... But she wants to know more, so I'm coming to you lot! Know anything about this bike?
    Awesome!

I like GT's mountain bikes, given the prices, even if they do seem to run big. Do you happen to know the model year? GT's catalog archive only goes back to 2009. The current Aggressor's an entry-level mountain bike.

Also, your mom might consider getting a new helmet. I'm not a huge fan of the idea of second-hand helmets. The styrene degrades over time, and you don't know if they've ever been crashed or dropped.
    Last edited by Owlie; 01-20-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Here is the bikepedia link to that line of bikes: http://www.bikepedia.com/Quickbike/B...e#.UPyYsif_ry4

If you don't know the year you might figure it out by matching the bikepedia description to the bike. It looks like they make this bike for quite a few years.

If you mom plans to ride on pavement she might want to get away from knobby tires which may be on the bike and get some slick tires. That will make riding pavement a whole lot easier.

Now you have a riding partner, eh?
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”