Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sausage legs!!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've tried the LG's and the chamois was just wide enough that it chaffed where my legs meet my crotch. I have a pretty narrow frame that must equate to a slightly narrower crotch width.

Did you find the Sugoi shorts to be too wide or too thick, or both?
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB
    Updated Vintage Terry Symmetry / Bontrager InForm RL WSD

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    I've tried the LG's and the chamois was just wide enough that it chaffed where my legs meet my crotch. I have a pretty narrow frame that must equate to a slightly narrower crotch width.

Did you find the Sugoi shorts to be too wide or too thick, or both?
    I recently bought a second pair of LG Neo Power shorts, and the chamois feels wider and thicker in the crotch than the one in the pair that I bought a couple of years ago. I haven't worn the new ones during a ride yet, so I don't know if they will bother me. FWIW I have worn them while sitting on my bike in the living room and backpedaling, and the wider chamois only seemed noticeable while I was standing on the pedals, which I don't do much when I ride.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Both. Sigh.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Hmmm...based on your input ny biker & Oakleaf, I may just resign myself to riding with a framed rear end. Everything else about the Terry Bella shorts are perfect for me. I should write Terry asking for an all black version. It's probably too late for this year's offerings but maybe they'll change it up in 2014.
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB

There's always black Sharpie. Works on all sorts of things.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    There's always black Sharpie. Works on all sorts of things.
    I've actually considered using a Sharpie on my shorts. My biggest concern is that the Sharpie will rub off on my lovely, white and black, WTB saddle. I guess I'll have figure out my priorities - a lovely rear end or a lovely saddle
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB

Artista, I haven't tried the most recent iteration of the RS's chamois. My guess is that the Evolution chamois is a tad bulkier, so it may not be to your liking. The fabric is also slightly thicker and less compressive. If I were in your shoes, I'd order both to determine which one I preferred. So long as you try them with undies, you can send back the rejects. But you might find, as Oak has suggested, that even the RS chamois is too bulky.

I think the RS runs small by the way, while the Evolution runs true to size.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I don't find the RS chamois bulky, but my latest versions do feel thicker/wider, as I said. It may be in my head. I can't take bulky chamois, but I don't like really thin, tri-like chamois, either.
    Artista, what bothers you about the contrast stitching? I don't even notice it. Personally, I think the Bellas make my legs so much nicer, that no one else would notice anything, either.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Thanks for the Sugoi info, Indy. Based on all of the input on these shorts, I think that I'll stick with Terry's for another season.

Crankin, I'm just being picky about the contrast stitching. I love the look of sleek black bike shorts under bright jerseys. I think that the contrast stitching competes with the jersey and frames the rear end with the arced stitching over the rear hips.

I wrote Terry asking if they were planning on an all black version of the Bellas. It turns out that Bellas with "dark stitching" are being discussed for 2014. I'm guessing that there won't be any changes for this year. The heads-up is enough for me to stick with my current shorts this year and wait to see what Terry offers next year.
    LORI
    Pivot Mach 4 / WTB