Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

OK, I just tracked down a MSDS, and the active ingredient in dryer sheets is just stearic acid. So unless you're vegan, it's probably perfectly safe to rub your skirt, tights and slips with an unscented dryer sheet the way I used to do when I ran out of the spray.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Can I also rub my hair with it?
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Do they make Spanx slips???
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate View Post
    Is there some new miracle fabric or design that I don't know about?
    Hmmm, I doubt it as my slip is many years old!

I have two - one that is short, black, plain, and of a stretchy but slipery nylon type material. It's kind of an A shape (like me). My other slip is long, also stretchy, and beige and I can't remember the last time I wore it. My issue with cling pretty much stops at my thighs, so the short black one works in just about every situation (even longer skirts) because it keeps my skirts from riding up my legs as I walk. Static can still be an issue but lotion on my legs prior to putting on tights helps with that a LOT.

Personally, I think you need a new slip...but any reason to buy new tights is worthwhile in my book too! ;-)

I have lots of HUE tights (I like their color choices) and they have been quite durable for me.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

OK, I wore a pair of the wool tights under a wool dress (actually the Terry Cadence dress, with a LS t shirt under), with my "petti-pants" yesterday. The temperature was about 9 when I left for work and it got to a high of 20. I was totally warm and more comfortable than if I was wearing pants.
    Of course, my work colleagues all commented that I was wearing a dress, wasn't I freezing, and why did my dress have a zipper in the back?
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport